Glasses and binoculars.

pabearhunter

Does anyone else wear glasses when using there binoculars. If so what bino's have you found to be the best. I have always removed my glasses when using binoculars and I am trying to broke that habit.

Get the best binos you can afford for western hunting. Most these days are eye glass friendly. I use my Leica's with sunglasses, they work just fine. I have also used my Dad's Swaro's with sunglasses, they also work fine. Most (99%+) modern binos have twist up eye cups that are designed to work with glasses.

One thing to consider. You will want to set the diopter with your glasses on. Your diopter setting will likely vary with and with out corrective lenses.

I keep my glasses on but only for a quick look. If I'm glassing for more than 5-10 seconds I just push them up and glass away.

I use Swaro binos and don't notice any difference with the diopter setting with or without glasses. But it may just be my prescription.

I always leave mine on, never had any problems for extended periods. Like was said above, everything for quite a while has had adjustable eye pieces.

Always have the eye cups down when wearing glasses. You may or may not have to adjust your diopter when wearing/removing your glasses.

The diopter is adjusted based on differences in your vision perscription in each eye. If you have difference between each eye that is corrected with glasses to be the same in each eye, you would want to adjust your diopter when not wearing your glasses. If your eyes have no difference in your uncorrected vision, you would not need to adjust your diopter when removing your glasses.

I got Lasik in 2007. It was a great thing. Now, my right eye is 20/40, while my left eye is still 20/20. As a result, my diopter is adjusted to account for those differences. I wear a contact in my right eye at times, adjusting that back to 20/20, which then allows me to set my diopter back to zero.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back