Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Glass for new 257 Weatherby?

SagebrushSlayer

I am looking for a scope for my new gun. I will primarily use it for mule deer and pronghorn. Now possibly will be using it for elk, if I ever decide to put the bow down. :D

I have a dilemma between the Luepold VX-2 or VX-3. If I go VX-2 I will probably go CDS. Anyone know why the price jump is so drastic from 3x9 to 4x12?

Another scope I am entertaining is the Vortex Viper HS. If anyone has this model, I would like to hear your sell on it.

I have the Vortex Viper HSLR on a 6.5x284 and a Leupold VXII 4x12 on a 300win mag. They are both great scopes. The vortex has an adjustable turret and the Leupold you can get a CDS dial. Probably wouldn't go wrong with either.

Well, I decided on a VX-3 4.5-14x40. Can't wait to sight in the new rifle. I hope the Weatherby brings me luck in the deer hunting seasons to come!

Slayer - I agree with your choice. I did the same on the last two rifles I put together. You will not be disappointed.

There are lots of good glass out there and a few really spectacular scopes. Buy the best you can afford. They will never get cheaper and you'll never regret it. With optics, unlike a lot of things, you get what you pay for. Starting with Nikon and moving up from there.

Back