johnnybow
Active member
- Joined
- Dec 27, 2012
- Messages
- 118
1 dayI’m curious how long do you expect this hunt to take?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
1 dayI’m curious how long do you expect this hunt to take?
What days will you be there? Gonna be elk hunting in November. Wanna pack elk? mtmuley1 day
Some of the best bucks I’ve seen in that country came from taking a mid day break, grabbing the shotgun and taking a quick walk for birds. Always found birds and jumped more than a few bucks. Yes, particularly the sharpies in their preferred cover. Pheasants I’d look for smaller looking cover spots w/o a dog.Can we flush them without a dog?
St Marie is much closer and quieter.Don’t know why you’d stay in Glasgow when you could stay in Poplar. It’s not that far from there and such a beautiful little town.
Don't sleep on staying in Oswego or Frazier as well. Nice relaxing night life in both towns.Don’t know why you’d stay in Glasgow when you could stay in Poplar. It’s not that far from there and such a beautiful little town.
Or BrocktonDon't sleep on staying in Oswego or Frazier as well. Nice relaxing night life in both towns.
The Rez buffalo “hunt” takes all of about 15 minutes. I’d plan on doing some fishing. Targeting lakers on the face of the dam with deep diving spoons can be fun. Check out the museums and interpretive center but I’m not sure on their fall hours.
You can also come down to the depot and watch trains go by if you’re into that kind of thing. I’ll even turn on the radio for
Someone else mentioned fishing for Lakers off the dam with spoons. I'll probably end up trying to catch some.The Rez buffalo “hunt” takes all of about 15 minutes. I’d plan on doing some fishing. Targeting lakers on the face of the dam with deep diving spoons can be fun. Check out the museums and interpretive center but I’m not sure on their fall hours.
You can also come down to the depot and watch trains go by if you’re into that kind of thing. I’ll even turn on the radio for you.
Personally, for Glasgow in November I would go for morning pheasant hunts followed by some grouse hunting. Then I would walleye fish the Dredge cuts in the afternoons and shoot waterfowl in the evening. Then the next day I would chase whitetails in the bottoms in the mornings followed by muleys if you can get a tag. Northerns on the lake will be shallow so I'd pitch spoons that evening. The next day, I'd troll for Lakers and walleyes on the lake. You have tons of options and they are all world class. I'd catch a pizza at Eugene's and drink lots of beer since it's dark at five.We will be staying in glasgow the 2 week of November for a Buffalo hunt and looking for ideas to do for the rest of the week we are there. I read the trout fishing is good below the port peck dam and will probably try that but I am open to anything. Any suggestions on fishing, sight seeing or even left over tags? Thanks