Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Girls Rule! Part 3............The Tri-Fecta?

ihuntelk

Too many volleyball games and other school activities this next week. Pretty sure if I don't get this up now on my 'day off' I may not get it up for a week.

Let's just say that I looked at quite a few goats the next 2 days. I passed 4 bucks over 80". I don't believe any of the were over 83". I've never been much of a 'score' hunter but I wanted to kill a BIG STINKY PRONGHORN. Found one that would have fit the bill but my friend Jim was able to notch his first pronghorn tag EVER.

Paige also had 2 doe tags. After I was mostly done looking for me a buck, we decided to wake her up and shoot 1 doe. It was hot and I only had 1 more cooler since their bucks and lots of ice were occupying the other 2.

We found a lone doe in a good spot. Glad she didn't have a fawn at her side. We stalked down the hill to 225 yards and I laid my Optics Hunter Pack down. Paige laid the rifel over the pack and slid behind it like she's been doing this her whole life. She jacked one in and settled into the rifle. I leaned down to tell her to breathe and squee... BOOM! - FLOP!
She surprised me with how quick the shot was. She rolled over with a big grin and said "Smoked her, Dad!". I had to chuckle at that one, especially after how bad she was shaking on #1.

Kenz was a little slow with the camera. Paige has already shot and you can see the white dot above her head.
26.jpg

Boyz Drool. Girlz Rule!
27.jpg

Discussing the shot and set-up.
23.jpg

Loving the Vortex Viper HS-T!
25.jpg
29.jpg

Day 1 was purple socks. Today's are green . Oh well, it's good to be fashionable with all that camo on!
30.jpg

Here's a pic of my buddies Bob Beeman and Jim Michels with Jim's BIG Wyo pronghorn. Bob made the spot and Jim made the great shot. The girls and I stayed back about 250 yards while they closed the distance but we got to see him go down.
37.jpg

It was a great trip to get to spend quality time with my girls. Great bucks were just the icing. Now if we can just get through volleyball season we'll go chase mulie bucks. They've got the same tag I filled my archery mulie on.
wyo2013.jpg

I hope we can find them a bigger one, unless they want to shoot a smaller one. If they're happy, I'm happy. :D

Nice trip, I also have two girls, younger than yours but I hope to someday take them to Wyoming and let them enjoy hunting and the outdoors as you are doing with your girls. My oldest is shooting her red rider and warming up to the 17HMR. I look forward to those days but I also realize they grow up fast.

On a side note how do you like your Weaver rifle? Been kicking around having him build me one...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back