Girl, Gun and Moose

She had no time on the SAUM and only limited time on her 7x57, which resulted in 24 stitches in her eye-lid and loss of nerve function in her scalp (long story). So I'm kind of working with a blank slate, and have the summer to get her comfortable with either....so that's why I'm kicking around ideas because I have a unique opportunity. Gonna have her shoot a lot on the Howa 223 I bought, and then shoot more with the 7x57 and the SAUM (if I brake it). We have Wednesdays off so there will be a weekly range session from here on out.

She had no time on the SAUM and only limited time on her 7x57, which resulted in 24 stitches in her eye-lid and loss of nerve function in her scalp (long story). So I'm kind of working with a blank slate, and have the summer to get her comfortable with either....so that's why I'm kicking around ideas because I have a unique opportunity. Gonna have her shoot a lot on the Howa 223 I bought, and then shoot more with the 7x57 and the SAUM (if I brake it). We have Wednesdays off so there will be a weekly range session from here on out.
One little trick I learned from a gunwriter; use a slightly faster than 'ideal' powder for the bullet weight to reduce recoil. As the powder weight is a consideration in recoil. I use r15 in my 338 Win loads. I'm only giving up 100fps from top end, but the 7+ gr reduction in powder charge makes a difference in the recoil. Might also be worth it to look into some youth loads for 7X57 practice. Hodgdon has info on their website for using 4895 for doing this. It'd allow her less recoil while getting trigger time with her rifle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back