Gila monster

Bigjay73

Has anyone ever actually seen one in the wild? Just read a story on a fellow who died after getting bit by one he was keeping as a pet and I realized that in 35 years of living in, and hunting and fishing the deserts of Arizona, I've never seen one.

I saw one about 15+ years ago around Tucson they told me to leave it alone that they had a nasty bite

I have seen them in Mexico down in Baja. One was sitting on a cactus right next to the Baja 1000 race course one year. He was just sitting there apparently enjoying watching us race cars go by. As loud as we are it surprised me he he was just sitting there.

Yes. Exactly once.

It was in SoCal, Rand Mountains area I think. I saw it, walking super slowly…maybe 5 feet away.

I turned, blinked, look back…and it was “gone”. I’m sure it was just the Camo working in full detail.

Of course, no camera’s back then. So…yeah. I could have been hallucinating in the desert sun.

I lived in Prescott And used to run around down on the Verde river east of there a lot and saw one. That was about 15 years ago and in 3 years there that was the only one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back