Getting tired of the cold

Elkhunter

Updated: 6:55 AM MST on February 12, 2004
Observed at Jackson, Wyoming
Temperature -18 °F / -28 °C
Windchill -35 °F / -37 °C
Humidity 91%

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the cold or the snow. But it has been below 0 almost every morning since December. I think it was just above 0 when we had the big snows around the holidays and only a few days since then.

We're in the tail end of a warm snap here; the thermometer in my truck said 48 yesterday afternoon. Don't worry, Elky...spring is coming! Then you'll be wishing it was fall. ;)

Yah, I'm tired of the cold.... it got down to 28 degrees one morning and has been in the 40's about 5 times in the past 2 months..... I might have to move to the Virgin Islands if it keeps up.... well at least it's back in the 80's agian this week:D

I am getting kinda sick of the cold, it hasn't really gotten above 20 since december and it hasn't stopped snowing since then either, the day after christmas we got 1/3 of our anual snowfall since then we have nearly doubled our anual snowfall, and F&G still isn't feeding the herds, leave it to them to kill all the deer off

I know what you mean, Smitty, the heat at my place actually kicked on 3 or 4 times last month!

But, it's a temperate 78 today, I can handle this cool front for a few days, but I wish winter would get out of here soon!!

We had a cold front move through here too. Should be back to normal in a few days!!!
Fri
Feb 13 Sunny 62°/37° 0 %
Sat
Feb 14 Mostly Sunny 67°/42° 10 %
Sun
Feb 15 Sunny 72°/44° 10 %
Mon
Feb 16 Partly Cloudy 71°/40° 10 %
Tue
Feb 17 Sunny 74°/45° 20 %
Wed
Feb 18 Mostly Sunny 74°/46° 20 %
Thu
Feb 19 Sunny 75°/43° 30 %
Fri
Feb 20 Mostly Sunny 75°/44° 0 %
Sat
Feb 21 Partly Cloudy 75°/45° 0 %

and F&G still isn't feeding the herds, leave it to them to kill all the deer off
This idea of feeding wild animals to keep them alive is totally foreign to me. Seems like it goes against the natural selection process. We might have to start calling you guys "Welfare Hunters" since a state agency has to keep your animals alive. :D

ROTFLMAO :D on that one Moosie..They should get thier power for free all year :D
hump.gif
.. It only got to 61* here today,,but the rain is supposed to be back tomarrow :D Its been nice ever for the past week...

Hunterman(Tony)

It hasn't been quite that cold here, but has been averaging from the single digits to the low 20's every night...It does break above freezing just bairly every day so the snow turns to a very fun ice every day... :D :D :D

Cfree

The lake was cold today I have to wear my heavy down jacket. I bet it was only 50º they say tonight it will be mid 20s to high 20's

OUCH

the rest of you guys....
QUITE YOUR BITCHEN you dont know what cold it until it hits 28º ;)

Delw

Bite me Del
;)
At least I can get enjoyment out of this come summer when it is 110+ down there. :D Just think, the 20s is 40 degrees warmer than it was today when I was outside shoveling snow in the cold. ;)

Yep, I know that there will be times in Montana in the summer that we will have to put a coat on to stay warm...LMAO!!!!

I hae to agree with ya, the summers hhere suck...

You know it wouldnt be so bad here is we would have 10-30 degrees in drops between night and day, but 50-60 degree drops suck

Delw

Even in the summer (August) I start the day with a jacket, but am shedding by 9-10:00 down to shirtsleves.
It is a cool -15 out now.
28_3_3.gif

You know it wouldnt be so bad here is we would have 10-30 degrees in drops between night and day, but 50-60 degree drops suck Have to agree with on that one Del.

That's why I like it here, maybe a few days (very few) below freezing, gets up to around 105 in the summer then drops to about 80 at night. Tkae today 62 wearing a shot sleeve except in the office, its about 30 then I have to put on a jacket

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back