Getting into suppressors

My new hunting rifle has a 21" barrel and the supressor adds 5 inches. No noise/recoil. Total weight 7.5 lbs loaded.
What’s the rifle? I’m in the works of building a 7mm Sherman max 20” x-caliber ultralight contour carbon, tikka action, Mesa arms precision altitude stock. Scoped and suppressor on should come in right at 8lbs

Serious question. Why? I can't imagine having a suppressor hanging off of the end of my hunting rifle. mtmuley
I felt that way too but now I don’t leave home without one. I would only leave it at home if I was really, really pressed to reduce weight. The length only bothers me once in a while, even in thick cover. I generally take mine off when I’m packing around. Wish I got one decades ago I might still be able to hear well.

Serious question. Why? I can't imagine having a suppressor hanging off of the end of my hunting rifle. mtmuley
I had a friend use my rifle to shoot a cow out of a herd of 50-60 elk. They were bedded. He shot her 2 times, Some of the elk stood up and looked around, and then just layed right back down around her.

I had a friend use my rifle to shoot a cow out of a herd of 50-60 elk. They were bedded. He shot her 2 times, Some of the elk stood up and looked around, and then just layed right back down around her.
Bet i could kill kill a few more with my rifle. Of course distance is a factor. mtmuley

Bet i could kill kill a few more with my rifle. Of course distance is a factor. mtmuley
For a mountain hunting rifle I probably wouldn’t worry about one but I love having one on my easy walk 1-2 mile walk on my Texas hunts. I’ve also shot animals at distance without a suppressor and it didn’t affect the other animals at all.

What’s the rifle? I’m in the works of building a 7mm Sherman max 20” x-caliber ultralight contour carbon, tikka action, Mesa arms precision altitude stock. Scoped and suppressor on should come in right at 8lbs
You should be right in there. My Defiance/Manners/Proof/22"/Griffin can/300wsm is 7.9lbs with an empty mag in the well. I really enjoy suppressed hunting, its so nice to be able to hear normally after shooting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back