Caribou Gear

Getting back into hunting in Tennessee

TriStar Hunt

Hello. I’m a father of three, husband to an amazing wife, and young physician getting back into hunting after a decade spent in school and training. This new fire in my belly is mostly in response to watching Fresh Tracks on Amazon the last few weeks, living through quarantine, and realizing all I’ve been missing. Can’t wait to get out there for white tail this year in Tennessee and with family in North Dakota, and I put in for the Tennessee elk quota hunt. Though there’s about a 1 in 1400 chance to draw a tag - I’m feeling lucky and have time on my side. Excited to find out more about this site and the interesting topics on it. Really enjoying what I’ve seen thus far. Even learned you can infuse honey with BBQ smoke - I’ll have to try that.
Also - any Tennessee Lifetime Hunting License owners? Looking into getting that for my kids while they’re still young and would love your thoughts.

Thank you for the warm welcome. I’m up in middle TN near Nashville. Where are you all? And I really appreciate the positive thoughts on the lifetime sportsman license.

Welcome. I also live in mid tn (Mt. Juliet). Definitely get the sportsmen license. For the kids and enjoy the outdoors with them.

The lifetime licenses are worth every penny when the kids are young. Wish my folks had that foresight when I was a kid but all mine will have one before they start school.

Welcome!

I don't know much about the TN lifetime licenses, but the KS lifetime license my father got me on my 16th birthday is the best gift I ever received.

Back