Caribou Gear Tarp

Getting back in the western hunting game

DRS

NC native who 1st came west in 1981 to attend grad school at Univ. of Wyoming. After graduation worked and lived in the Denver Co area from 1985 until 2001. Hunted almost exclusively public land, DIY, solo, on foot with enough success to keep meat in my freezer. Work and family caused me to move back to NC in 2001 where I took up hunting whitetails as I did in my youth and realized my new passion for hunting wild turkeys.

My last western hunt was for cow elk in WY in 2003. Looking to get back out in the near future while my health and physical ability are still relatively good. Any info. I might have about hunting CO and WY is somewhat dated, but am willing to share what I know, as well as what little I have learned about hunting whitetails and gobblers in NC, SC, and VA over the last 15 years.

Good deal! The country and the hunting won't be much different, I'd suspect, than you left it. Just a much longer drive to get there...

Welcome from a fellow Carolinian! Hope deer season has treated you well so far this year.

Just killed a doe for the freezer so far. I hunt in the NE part of NC and have only been out a few times because of the hot weather, hurricane, and skeeters.

Awesome. I mainly hunt just a little outside of Raleigh but am down towards Plymouth quite often working and am hoping to carry the rifle with me on a Friday one of these days. Where NE? I have several friends in Perquimins, Pasquotank and Gates area.

Welcome neighbor. mostly hunt SENC but will also be in Davie County in a few days with my ML.

Your moniker looks familiar, might know you from another forum where I use a different one.

Awesome. I mainly hunt just a little outside of Raleigh but am down towards Plymouth quite often working and am hoping to carry the rifle with me on a Friday one of these days. Where NE? I have several friends in Perquimins, Pasquotank and Gates area.

I hunt in Halifax and Washington Counties. Plymouth area has a good population of deer and bear.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTOG
Back