Yeti GOBOX Collection

Get out those wallets! RMBS RAFFLE!

Yes. I don't remember the details, as it was before my time with RMBS. I read an article in the Grand Junction newspaper about it. IIRC, he killed his raffle ram in the same unit as his draw license.
Can't find the article, but it was 2001. I found one of my old posts on here that mentioned it. Maybe @Sandbrew remembers.

Don’t worry, I’ll win the pronghorn tag so that you don’t have to worry about it
Good I need to focus on my 3 point muzzleloader hunt in hopes of finding a 14 incher. From looking at the numbers on the tickets I just got the odds for pronghorn gotta be the best of the 3. If I'm reading it right still less then 500 sold. Makes me wanna grab a dozen.

Can't find the article, but it was 2001. I found one of my old posts on here that mentioned it. Maybe @Sandbrew remembers.

I was at the 2001 Sheep and Goat hunter orientation in June of 2001 where we used to hold the drawing for the statewide tags. The RMBS president was handed a tickets and called a name. A guy in the room stood up and said "Thats' me!" He had already draw a tag and was there to learn about sheep hunting and bought 1 ticket. Oak is correct he harvested 2 rams from the same unit I believe around Gunnison -maybe S26? Both rams if I recall were harvested on the same day and if memory serves me correctly appeared to be nice 3/4 curl 7 or 8 year olds. I remember him saying he wanted to be the first guy to kill two rams at the same time legally. No cell phone or IG story pics to share back then.

Side note I have a list of all of the sheep, mt goat & moose auction and raffle buyers and winner with amounts and some scores. 2001 sheep raffle is blank but the 2001 auction buyer paid $90K and shot a 195 B&C ram. Bargain of the year was the $18K moose tag at auction.

Sandbrew

How do you guys know you won unless you were there? The raffle ticket receipt email says the results won’t be posted until tomorrow. And the website currently doesn’t mention anything about the goat/black bear hunt winner.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back