Geese will be safe this year

guessing ATV's are looking more interesting and useful right now to you Nemont?:D

walking boot and a short walk and you'll be hunting. bring extra socks for the toes.

guy at work, large guy, 6'4", 280 lbs., tore his completely away from the back of the foot. up and walking, gingerly, in 3 weeks.

IMG_0224.jpg The good news is goose season last into January. I know how disappointed you must feel, last year I needed a surgery that had a five week recovery period. I opted to wait till after hunting season, did not miss any hunting but was in pain everyday! Had my surgery done in your hometown this winter and now am anxiously waiting to hunt those record number of waterfowl you were talking about! Keep your powder dry and have a speedy recovery. IMG_0278.jpg

Sorry to hear about your injury Nemont. Hopefully you can get out some and not hurt yourself more.
Jose, welcome back.

Sorry to hear it. Was it a freak thing or were you doing some wierd motion?

I tore my achilles on last Saturday and just came from the doctor and I am now scheduled for surgery next Monday the 26th. I asked the surgeon about hunting geese in the fields and he was pretty certain that was a bad, bad idea.

So with it shaping up to be a record waterfowl year, I will be on the sidelines watching my kid knock em dead.

Nemont

Sissy...I'll shoot your share if your son doesn't. :)

I am right there with you Nemont. I ruptured mine in a waterskiing accident on August 28th. Crazy thing is, they gave me the option of no surgery, saying the results are similar between surgery/non surgical repair. I was placed in a cast immediately, followed by air boot the next day. 2 weeks in now, I am allowed to remove air boot for bathing and for slight ankle movement side to side and up(not past neutral) and down.
Be interesting to compare outcomes. Hope you have a speedy recovery!
I too am missing a ton of my hunting season! :(

Back