Gear Pile '23...so it begins

Watched a small group head to a cedar pocked hillside Friday evening, made a move Sat morning only to have em Houdini...snuck back in Sunday morning early & found em looking at me from 500 plus. Sun was peeking over the hill behind them flaring the sight pic & no chance of closing the distance. This old girl was 520 when I squeezed & heard the whump. Found her about 150 from where she stood in some thick stuff.

Lots of open arid ranch country...lots of elk. Saw multiple very nice bulls still with cows. Fun hunt with good people.

Of 5, 3 of us killed the first day...a buddy and myself the last day. Awesome meat hunt.

Last edited:
Watched a small group head to a cedar pocked hillside Friday evening, made a move Sat morning only to have em Houdini...snuck back in Sunday morning early & found em looking at me from 500 plus. Sun was peeking over the hill behind them flaring the sight pic & no chance of closing the distance. This old girl was 520 when I squeezed & heard the whump. Found her about 150 from where she stood in some thick stuff.

Lots of open arid ranch country...lots of elk. Saw multiple very nice bulls still with cows. Fun hunt with good people.

Of 5, 3 of us killed the first day...a buddy and myself the last day. Awesome meat hunt.
Well done Ken!

Congratulations, Ken. There are few things better than a successful cow elk hunt. Just awesome.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back