Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Gave in and bought a SXS. So far so good.

lifeisgoodsteve

Hi All,

Well, after much consideration on how much I wanted to put into my trusty freighter (3/4 ton duramax, crew cab, long bed) and considering an old Tacoma (which I'm convinced would still be a great choice), I pulled the trigger on a new Honda Talon X4.

I've put a couple hundred miles on it this past month or two and have to say I love it.

No doubt that it's a painfully expensive vehicle, but from a quality of life point of view I really appreciate it. I spend so much time in the mountains, driving forest roads to get to access points that it's now so much more fun and comfortable. Being street legal here in Montana is a big bonus too, so I can drive the streets on the way to local forest roads. Now I'm not worried about getting into a spot that'll require a 32 point turn or 1/4 mile reverse to get out of, not to mention getting this little guy unstuck is a different animal than my freighter.

I opted for the Honda Talon due to the dual clutch transmission as I've got a high repair bill phobia. That said, it's still a bit of a new model so they have more growing pains than past Honda products.

The 4 seater gives lots of room for gear if I don't have the pups in the back, plus I can add a bed extender and roof rack if I really need more.

All in all, very happy with it and enjoying life while I can.

Cheers,

S

IMG_1980.jpegIMG_2015.jpegIMG_2123.jpegIMG_2304.jpegIMG_2310 2.jpegIMG_2312 2.jpeg

Dang, you got me...

I was sure you were going to show some picts of English walnut, rust blueing, case colors perhaps. :)

Looks like a fun machine to rip around on!
Yes, in addition to transport during hunting season, it is fun to just get out into the mountains for scouting or just to cruise around and explore. Never been a 4 wheeler guy but admit it's pretty darn fun. That said, I still end having to go pretty slow with any blind corners.

Back