Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Gave Him The Finger

that is one fat looking elk ...but he's big enough to ride with me

524.jpg
These guys were at least a mile and a half away when I first spotted them.
I finally got them in one frame at about 3/4 out.
Thats when I bailed off the side and down to the creek they looked to be headed for.
After about 30 min. a couple show up. I was wanting to get all seven at the water, but the stars didn't line up. So I took some quick shots of the two that did.

560.jpg

I didn't give the smaller one the finger. :D

Excuse the possibly stupid question, where was that pic taken? Obviously if it's your hunting area, I wouldn't expect you to reveal it, rather it's Yellowstone or where ever, that's an awesome photo.

Awesome photos. Need to get my son a nice camera so he can do the same (take sweet pictures) until he can carry a gun. We gave a few the finger too. My son was so jacked up, it made the trip though, so did the weather. Anyway, on a morning scout trip, saw a herd at about the same distance away ---- up high and crossing a huge snow drift,...it was crazy. Still lots of snow. Plenty of food and water everywhere. Seems to me their head gear have plenty of growing to do, the growing season is just underway up here I think. We saw quite a few moose and had deer in our little camp. ***Season is almost here, time to reserve the horse and ready the elk tent!!!!!

Back