Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Gary Johnson

Any chance on a source for this in the platform? I looked through the official Libertarian webpage but didn't see anything. Maybe I missed it.

Read it how you will...i take this to mean they are against federal ownership of land. From the official party platform:

2.2 Environment

Competitive free markets and property rights stimulate the technological innovations and behavioral changes required to protect our environment and ecosystems. Private landowners and conservation groups have a vested interest in maintaining natural resources. Governments are unaccountable for damage done to our environment and have a terrible track record when it comes to environmental protection.

And another source (although not the official platform):

Take it to the Limits: Milton Friedman on Libertarianism
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSumJxQ5oy4
Nobel Laureate economist Milton Friedman explains why “Nobody takes care of someone else’s property as well as someone takes care of their own,” and how that applies to environmental policy, in an interview at the Hoover Institution at Stanford University. Friedman offers his definitive views regarding the U.S. Department of Interior, stating there’s “no good reason” for the federal government to own any land not occupied by federal buildings.

Rogan mentioned in his most recent podcast that he may be having Johnson on again and soon. Write to his podcast and try and put a bug in his ear to ask Johnson where he stands on public lands.

Trump all the way. I like Gary Johnson, my governor, just not qualified. He is smart and innovative. He is also a triathlete, but I have thought as him as wishy-washy. Not a strong presence.

Hilliary should be in jail!

As much as I agree with with some of gary johnson's platform its the premise that would stop me from voting for him. I think that currently in american politics you have to win in the system to effect changes. I don't see that with libertarians right now.
Trumps stated positions on PLT, being pro 2a, reading his published list of SCOTUS justices that would be considered for vacancies, the fact that the few times I have met him he was personable and a gentlemen is enough for him to garner my vote. His son being member of BCHA is a bonus to...i feel like we will have voice in the WH.
I really think there is tremendous possible up side in Trump presidency.

I just spent an hour trying to get an answer from his website & on FB. Nothing.No calls answered,but he wants my support....
I voted for him last time as I had no other choice. Looks like I will be voting for Billy Barty this year if I don't get an answer.
BF seems to have some influence with some folks.Can RMEF get his campaign to answer this ? Does anyone have someones ear?
I know alot of $ is on the line....and not my pennies.

As much as I agree with with some of gary johnson's platform its the premise that would stop me from voting for him. I think that currently in american politics you have to win in the system to effect changes. I don't see that with libertarians right now.
Trumps stated positions on PLT, being pro 2a, reading his published list of SCOTUS justices that would be considered for vacancies, the fact that the few times I have met him he was personable and a gentlemen is enough for him to garner my vote. His son being member of BCHA is a bonus to...i feel like we will have voice in the WH.
I really think there is tremendous possible up side in Trump presidency.

Except for the fact the the new republican platform calls for the sale of federal lands and Trump claims to support the Republican Party. Trump has "flip flopped" on more issues than Kerry. I don't have any clue where he stands on any issue, but I do know he wants to scare me into voting for him and will tell me whatever he feels he needs to to achieve a win.

You can pick various issues and find recorded statements of him supporting both sides. The man is a narcissist and his only goal is to win at all costs. Trump Jr. has a stated position on public lands, I have not actually heard trump say he will not sell off our lands.

Being successful at business does not make one good at business. Being good at business does not make one a good politician. He has never been in charge of a publicly held company and has never had to answer to anyone but himself. All he has shown is that he can win a popularity contest, and really how hard is that when your competing against the debate and economics club kids.

Do your research don't fall for all the heated emotional garbage both parties are selling.

The only wasted vote is the vote that goes un-cast!

Except for the fact the the new republican platform calls for the sale of federal lands and Trump claims to support the Republican Party. Trump has "flip flopped" on more issues than Kerry. I don't have any clue where he stands on any issue, but I do know he wants to scare me into voting for him and will tell me whatever he feels he needs to to achieve a win.

You can pick various issues and find recorded statements of him supporting both sides. The man is a narcissist and his only goal is to win at all costs. Trump Jr. has a stated position on public lands, I have not actually heard trump say he will not sell off our lands.

Being successful at business does not make one good at business. Being good at business does not make one a good politician. He has never been in charge of a publicly held company and has never had to answer to anyone but himself. All he has shown is that he can win a popularity contest, and really how hard is that when your competing against the debate and economics club kids.

Do your research don't fall for all the heated emotional garbage both parties are selling.

The only wasted vote is the vote that goes un-cast!

My vote will be cast and sure wont be cast Gary Johnson. Thanks.

Last edited:
My vote will be cast and sure wont be cast Gary Johnson. Thanks.

You're welcome?

The comment isn't for you. It's obvious you've made your decision. It's for everybody that hasn't and can't see themselves voting for Trump or Clinton. Find another option don't fall for the party BS nothing will change unless "we" change it.

Back