Garmin

174in

Just picked up a new 450t oregon for my upcomming antelope hunt does anyone know what sd card and where to get it that I need to get the public hunting maps from?This seems to be a nice unit but I whant to be able to work it good by the time I head out west any pointers would be great.

Hope this okay to post another website on here...if not, I apologize and please delete. gpsfiledepot.com has alot of download options for maps and there is no charge, they just ask for donations. scheels also has sd cards with preloaded maps that are pretty sweet.

I have not tried gpsfiledepot.com, but have heard good things. I have purchased a few cards for the office using http://www.huntinggpsmaps.com/gps-maps/gpsmapsfileuploads.html and have been very happy. My only experience has been with Montana maps, so I can't speak for other states.

Last week they were on sale for $99 for the one that has land status and landowner names.

Two thumbs up from me.

Looks great probably just what I need.That should show my position so I know if i am on public land

yes 174in, the whole idea behind the GPS map is to make it easy for you to see your position relative to private and public land boundaries. If you need to stay on BLM land, just stay on the yellow background. When you approach a white background, you are nearing private land

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back