Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Garfield County sues High Lonesome Ranch over road access

To use the younger generations vernacular, those ranch owners sure come off as being little bitches.
I prefer selfish little bitches that threw a bunch of money at a slimy f****** bastard to make an provably false legal argument in order for them to subvert the legal system and see some financial gain. But as long as they get a sympathetic judge and "friendly" local law enforcement, they can do it with impunity.

Last edited:
You have got to be kidding me! This saga re the locked gate still ongoing. I have lived in Palisade and have hunted all over that country....most of it is or was BLM land. Ranchers very often on the western slope install locks and post signs on gates on public roads....not all ranchers, but a lot. Growing up in the 50s and 60s my dad would shoot off the lock and continue driving on public domain.
What am I missing?

There was someone by Meeker doing the same thing in the 80s. County sued the rancher and he eventually got called on contempt of court. Next thing I know road is wide open with signs stay on road until you get to the BLM land.

There was someone by Meeker doing the same thing in the 80s. County sued the rancher and he eventually got called on contempt of court. Next thing I know road is wide open with signs stay on road until you get to the BLM land.
Maybe we need 4 hunters from Missouri to show us Coloradans how to access our land. Worked in WY.

Just watched a Meateater with the lawyer for the hunters.
They won and it's on appeal.
Most likely going to the SC.

Just watched a Meateater with the lawyer for the hunters.
They won and it's on appeal.
Most likely going to the SC.
Based on your description ("won and it's on appeal") think that's slightly (in light of the age of this case) old news. What Meateater episode was it? I'm going through and watching them all again.

Here's the result of the appeal that the County won; dated March 6, 2023:

@marksjeep posted the latest development that I could find (Post #106 above), but there should be another development any day now based on the content of his shared article.

The High Lonesome Ranch doesn't allow hunting anymore on their private lands because of a fire in 2022. Curiously, I wonder if HLR in their noble claim to preserve the land for wildlife still allows their cattle to graze the burn area?

Based on your description ("won and it's on appeal") think that's slightly (in light of the age of this case) old news. What Meateater episode was it? I'm going through and watching them all again.

@marksjeep posted the latest development that I could find (Post #106 above), but there should be another development any day now based on the content of his shared article.

The High Lonesome Ranch doesn't allow hunting anymore on their private lands because of a fire in 2022. Curiously, I wonder if HLR in their noble claim to preserve the land for wildlife still allows their cattle to graze the burn area?

I mixed up issues. My bad.

That was Cornercrossing. That was the ME episode a couple weeks ago.

The fire was in 2020 but regardless I don’t understand there logic. The fire has produced some awesome habitat and they have missed out on some incredible hunting.

Reactions: JAG
Back