Yeti GOBOX Collection

GAP Delivers

Right, but that range visit wasn’t for shooting groups. The only reason it’s confusing me is that those (that I posted) had been grouping 2” minimum for the last three range visits.
And I’d be willing to bet if you shot like a 30 rd group your groups size would probably be about that 2” mark. Hornady did a podcast a while back that did a great job explaining it, but it’s all a bell curve, the bigger the sample size the greater the level of certainty.

And I’d be willing to bet if you shot like a 30 rd group your groups size would probably be about that 2” mark. Hornady did a podcast a while back that did a great job explaining it, but it’s all a bell curve, the bigger the sample size the greater the level of certainty.

I listened to that one and I’m still going to say that it was weird that it produced that specific group. That’s what it did every single time I shot it after I developed the load until it sh*t the bed, which was probably a sample size of 50 rounds. Then, I couldn’t get two less than 2” away for about 30 rounds.
It is a small sample size, but I’m going to try it out again this weekend to verify.

I listened to that one and I’m still going to say that it was weird that it produced that specific group. That’s what it did every single time I shot it after I developed the load until it sh*t the bed, which was probably a sample size of 50 rounds. Then, I couldn’t get two less than 2” away for about 30 rounds.
It is a small sample size, but I’m going to try it out again this weekend to verify.
Wait, so it was a time tested and consistent load, then fell apart, then came back after you cerakoted the action? I missed that part.

Action screw torque maybe?

@BackofBeyond took this where my brain was headed. I've been lied to by 3 round groups more times than I can count. Do detailed load dev, have some 3 or 4 round groups or "nodes" look good. Load up 20 for the next range trip to validate only to come back and find good loads or nodes didn't repeat.

Back