GAP Delivers

Right, but that range visit wasn’t for shooting groups. The only reason it’s confusing me is that those (that I posted) had been grouping 2” minimum for the last three range visits.
And I’d be willing to bet if you shot like a 30 rd group your groups size would probably be about that 2” mark. Hornady did a podcast a while back that did a great job explaining it, but it’s all a bell curve, the bigger the sample size the greater the level of certainty.

And I’d be willing to bet if you shot like a 30 rd group your groups size would probably be about that 2” mark. Hornady did a podcast a while back that did a great job explaining it, but it’s all a bell curve, the bigger the sample size the greater the level of certainty.

I listened to that one and I’m still going to say that it was weird that it produced that specific group. That’s what it did every single time I shot it after I developed the load until it sh*t the bed, which was probably a sample size of 50 rounds. Then, I couldn’t get two less than 2” away for about 30 rounds.
It is a small sample size, but I’m going to try it out again this weekend to verify.

I listened to that one and I’m still going to say that it was weird that it produced that specific group. That’s what it did every single time I shot it after I developed the load until it sh*t the bed, which was probably a sample size of 50 rounds. Then, I couldn’t get two less than 2” away for about 30 rounds.
It is a small sample size, but I’m going to try it out again this weekend to verify.
Wait, so it was a time tested and consistent load, then fell apart, then came back after you cerakoted the action? I missed that part.

Action screw torque maybe?

@BackofBeyond took this where my brain was headed. I've been lied to by 3 round groups more times than I can count. Do detailed load dev, have some 3 or 4 round groups or "nodes" look good. Load up 20 for the next range trip to validate only to come back and find good loads or nodes didn't repeat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back