Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

GAP Delivers

I have one of those bipods and am looking for something else. Yeah, they are detachable but definitely NOT quick detach. And trying to put one back on can be a real ordeal especially with cold hands or dim lighting. Almost requires three hands. I prefer to take my bipod in my daypack and attach as needed. They are awkward on the gun in the field, especially when gun is slung on my shoulder. So I'm thinking of attaching a mini rail at the sling swivel and acquiring a quick detach rail style bipod. Anyone had experience with those? Perhaps I should start a new thread. Seems like it might be a good option for this gun so thought I'd share.

I have one of those bipods and am looking for something else. Yeah, they are detachable but definitely NOT quick detach. And trying to put one back on can be a real ordeal especially with cold hands or dim lighting. Almost requires three hands. I prefer to take my bipod in my daypack and attach as needed. They are awkward on the gun in the field, especially when gun is slung on my shoulder. So I'm thinking of attaching a mini rail at the sling swivel and acquiring a quick detach rail style bipod. Anyone had experience with those? Perhaps I should start a new thread. Seems like it might be a good option for this gun so thought I'd share.
Look into Spartan bipods.

Look into Spartan bipods.
Thanks. I'll check it out. Also, my Caldwell bipod shed one of it's faux leather pads in the cradle. Watch out for that. Could have scratched my stock if I hadn't noticed it in time. Those pads are some kind of peel and stick on crap. I reattached mine with epoxy.

George makes great rifles. Maybe half the critters me and my kids have taken in the last half dozen years were with GAP rifles that belong to a couple of my hunting friends. I'll get one, someday.

George makes great rifles. Maybe half the critters me and my kids have taken in the last half dozen years were with GAP rifles that belong to a couple of my hunting friends. I'll get one, someday.
They do make a great rifle, but this is one of my own that I just had them cerakote

Went out and shot it today. I dunno what changed but it shot real well again with a load that stopped being accurate two months ago.

Either way, that works.

View attachment 263543
Rifle looks great! GAP is an excellent company.
Just curious what dies are you using? What brass? Normally when a load just quits shooting good it’s either a scope or brass issue.

Rifle looks great! GAP is an excellent company.
Just curious what dies are you using? What brass? Normally when a load just quits shooting good it’s either a scope or brass issue.
I just use regular RCBS FL dies and Nosler brass for those loads. It was the same batch as the stuff that stopped working, so it's just real confusing to me

I just use regular RCBS FL dies and Nosler brass for those loads. It was the same batch as the stuff that stopped working, so it's just real confusing to me
Was this brand new brass? Did you size it all before loading?
Could be any number of things like a bad day shooting, neck tension, incorrect charge weights etc.
I’d load some more rounds and go shoot it again.

Was this brand new brass? Did you size it all before loading?
Could be any number of things like a bad day shooting, neck tension, incorrect charge weights etc.
I’d load some more rounds and go shoot it again.
It was twice fired and I developed a different load (that shot .4) on the second day I shot the load that went south. Who knows at this point. I thought maybe it was different lots screwing up the weights but I don’t anymore.

I’m going to see if it does that in some rem brass I fireformed this past weekend. All of them have the same water capacity as the Nosler cases, so we’ll see how that plays out.

How many groups did you shoot with it since you got it back?
2 total for accuracy. 1 of the 120gr TTSX and 1 of the 143 Hammer Hunter load I developed when the other one went south.
Then I fireformed brass from some old remington core lokt I had and that printed around 1.25” average when I shot paper.

2 total for accuracy. 1 of the 120gr TTSX and 1 of the 143 Hammer Hunter load I developed when the other one went south.
Then I fireformed brass from some old remington core lokt I had and that printed around 1.25” average when I shot paper.
2 - (3) shot groups for accuracy? I think that’s a pretty small sample size.

2 - (3) shot groups for accuracy? I think that’s a pretty small sample size.
Right, but that range visit wasn’t for shooting groups. The only reason it’s confusing me is that those (that I posted) had been grouping 2” minimum for the last three range visits.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back