Game vs. Non-game animals?

Paul- Are saying that you would be for a tax increase that would directly benefit wildlife?

Plus you have to remember that it costs my family slightly over $400 in license and tag fees in order to hunt and fish as a resident. Then I earmark a few more $$ to the state on my state income tax return. I do my fair share for my state's wildlife.

Naw that was "my" money I got back.
wink.gif
tongue.gif

No Pointer,

I don't think we need a general tax for wildlife. I am more of a user tax kind of guy. I don't mind using my money to fund things I care about. And I don't want my money used for things I don't care for, like social security, dope smoking proffessors, and arts and crafts for starters. Comprende?

Paul

Paul- No comprende?
wink.gif
I agree, I like to see my money go for things I care about also. Not for AIDS relief in Africa or to people just for having kids!

What do you mean by a user tax?

I just gotta ask what is wrong with funding Social Security? And why are you against dope smoking proffessors (sic)? And do you really want a world without any art?

How much money does FNAWS raise each year by selling Bronze figures of Bighorns and Elk? And after seeing the drawings that Big Sky does, can you really say that you don't want any money spent on teaching art to kids?

What a boring, sterile world you would have us all living in.....
frown.gif

Gunner,

I like art, and if I see a piece that moves me enough, I just might buy it. And thats how arts and crafts SHOULD be funded. Get it? If you want to carry this line of thinking on a little further to agriculture, I will agree with you. Gubbermint interferance with agriculture is why few producers can make a decent living in this industry. But hey, at least we got cheap, plentyful food in this country. That's what the interference is about anyway, guarenteed over production to keep the prices down.

So gunner, are you such a cheapskate that you want subsidized arts and crafts too?

Paul

Paul,

I am sure we are saying the same thing, only drawing the line in a different place. I definitely think we need Art in the schools, and since they are Public schools, I support tax dollars being spent for Art teachers and supplies to teach ALL kids about art. (Crafts is some other definition, and what I think of Crafts is some sort of crap that people do in their kitchen, and then try and sell at some "festival" in the Park.)
rolleyes.gif

I have serious doubts that you will be cruising the grade school Art Shows, and looking for pieces that "move" you, and you will pop down enough dollars for lil'Johnny's finger painting, that the school can hire a teacher and buy the supplies.

And I would guess that many of the artists that do the Bronze's you auction off, got their start in Art during Mrs. Hubblewinker's art class in 3rd grade. You gotta plant the seeds, and nurture them, if you want a crop later.
soapbox.gif

One of my favorite classes I ever took in College was a Ceramics class from a dope smoking proffessor(sic).
biggrin.gif
We used to stand around the Kiln, as a big group, on Friday afternoons, drinking Heineken and discussing the problems of the world.

So Paul, I don't know that I care too much about the issues around the NEA and the "subsidy". I don't see that expenditure of tax dollars ruining my hunting and fishing, nearly as much as the subsidy to Welfare Ranchers!
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

I currently pay a "wildlife tax" it's called my hunting and fishing license. The tax periodically increases. I would like to see a tax for the "optically consumptive" users inorder to support their recreation. I think this would best be served with a conservation license to all users over 18 years of age. This conservation license could be incorporated into the current hunting and fishing license system (added to the license when you buy it), and sold through venders to every one that doesn't hunt and fish.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back