Gallatin County 4H 2022

Flatbrimmer

We told the kids we would take them to a free monster truck show in Butte that we had heard about this weekend. They were super excited, as was I! The wife decided to look up the details of the event rather last minute and we had noticed it was kind of a kiddy event to let the young’ns ride around, with a small car smash in the middle. We decided it would be a better investment to find something to do locally for the kids as they’d seen the real deal monster jam already.
Yesterday while I was at work I get a text from the wife with a screenshot from Randy’s instagram advertising the local 4-H event. It was sponsored by a ton of great businesses and entities so I thought it’d be perfect for the kids, and hell, maybe I’ll meet my longtime local celebrity idols!
We got there a little early and let the kids play at the park- thinking there would be a line clear to downtown Bozeman at the chance to meet Rinella. Pretty quick my wife noticed Randy sitting under one gazebo, talking to some folks. A few people were trickling into the event so we gathered the boys and headed in to start our rounds at the different kiosks set up. Right away we were greeted by to nice younger ladies that offered us some cold water and tee shirts for the kids. The next kiosk was the Meateater kiosk where I noticed Ryan Callaghan pretty quick and asked if I could get a photo and autograph. He was very polite and down to earth but also still busy helping folks get set up so I said thanks and we were on to the next for a bit. The next one was Randy’s and it was odd to see that his whole big gazebo was empty except for a backpack, a bino harness, a bugle tube and some coffee and donuts. Lol this man got back from Alaska at 2AM and had all his gear from the trip lost in transportation and still was there smiling and greeting every passerby young and old alike, getting photos and giving off an incredibly hospitable aura. I was able to tell him that he is an inspiration to the public land hunter and an absolute celebrity in the Smith house. Lol we got some awesome photos and away we went to the other kiosks around. My oldest did really great with the air rifle shooting and both boys did awesome with the archery. We learned about fires and a “leave no trace” mindset. At the end my oldest son won the MeatEater raffle and got like $500 in merch!! Raffles are real!??
All in all, it was a wonderful day- full of smiles. Hands down the most humble and high-spirited tv celeb I’ve ever had the privilege to shake hands with, Mr. @Big Fin ! Thank you, til we meet again!

Attachments

• A129BE6A-B44F-4C16-B455-627346C5F6BE.jpeg
    A129BE6A-B44F-4C16-B455-627346C5F6BE.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 64
  • 547CC14E-996D-41A9-B477-9434511BD3BB.jpeg
    547CC14E-996D-41A9-B477-9434511BD3BB.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 61
  • 381A0898-F5E1-4712-ABC5-A0CAE33D97A9.jpeg
    381A0898-F5E1-4712-ABC5-A0CAE33D97A9.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 57
  • 71CFAA14-489E-4F92-A337-2EB7CE387F4B.jpeg
    71CFAA14-489E-4F92-A337-2EB7CE387F4B.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 54
  • C9B4DCED-D59E-436A-82AA-EF104255D91A.jpeg
    C9B4DCED-D59E-436A-82AA-EF104255D91A.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 54
  • 2C3E50DA-6B49-482F-8558-21F719B85966.jpeg
    2C3E50DA-6B49-482F-8558-21F719B85966.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 59
Thanks for taking the kids to this event. The state 4H volunteers did a lot of work.

It all started from two years ago when I had @MNElkNut on the podcast to talk about what he did in Alexandria, MN. The MSU 4H group heard that podcast and started planning. It was delayed for two years due to COVID, but they pulled it off.

Happy to see a lot of kids there and that Meateater went all in with a fully staffed pavilion, along with Steve, Cal, and Janis. Great work by the 4H volunteers. Thanks to Dean for all the work he does for his event in MN. He and his crew have inspired a lot of other similar events.

great to see people getting involved in a great program. I am a 4h archery instructor, as well as hunter safety education, and outdoor skills. I believe 4h can and does help promote hunting, shooting, and outdoor activities as well as any organization.

Thanks for taking the kids to this event. The state 4H volunteers did a lot of work.

It all started from two years ago when I had @MNElkNut on the podcast to talk about what he did in Alexandria, MN. The MSU 4H group heard that podcast and started planning. It was delayed for two years due to COVID, but they pulled it off.

Happy to see a lot of kids there and that Meateater went all in with a fully staffed pavilion, along with Steve, Cal, and Janis. Great work by the 4H volunteers. Thanks to Dean for all the work he does for his event in MN. He and his crew have inspired a lot of other similar events.
Thank you for being there and being so kind and chipper, given the unforeseen circumstances and lack of sleep. I only wish your pavilion was staffed with the whole fresh tracks crew! When I asked where Michael and Marcus were, you said you give ‘em Fridays off… it’s Saturday!? GIT TO WORK 🤣😂 kidding of course. Maybe next time! Thanks again, Sir!

We told the kids we would take them to a free monster truck show in Butte that we had heard about this weekend. They were super excited, as was I! The wife decided to look up the details of the event rather last minute and we had noticed it was kind of a kiddy event to let the young’ns ride around, with a small car smash in the middle. We decided it would be a better investment to find something to do locally for the kids as they’d seen the real deal monster jam already.
Yesterday while I was at work I get a text from the wife with a screenshot from Randy’s instagram advertising the local 4-H event. It was sponsored by a ton of great businesses and entities so I thought it’d be perfect for the kids, and hell, maybe I’ll meet my longtime local celebrity idols!
We got there a little early and let the kids play at the park- thinking there would be a line clear to downtown Bozeman at the chance to meet Rinella. Pretty quick my wife noticed Randy sitting under one gazebo, talking to some folks. A few people were trickling into the event so we gathered the boys and headed in to start our rounds at the different kiosks set up. Right away we were greeted by to nice younger ladies that offered us some cold water and tee shirts for the kids. The next kiosk was the Meateater kiosk where I noticed Ryan Callaghan pretty quick and asked if I could get a photo and autograph. He was very polite and down to earth but also still busy helping folks get set up so I said thanks and we were on to the next for a bit. The next one was Randy’s and it was odd to see that his whole big gazebo was empty except for a backpack, a bino harness, a bugle tube and some coffee and donuts. Lol this man got back from Alaska at 2AM and had all his gear from the trip lost in transportation and still was there smiling and greeting every passerby young and old alike, getting photos and giving off an incredibly hospitable aura. I was able to tell him that he is an inspiration to the public land hunter and an absolute celebrity in the Smith house. Lol we got some awesome photos and away we went to the other kiosks around. My oldest did really great with the air rifle shooting and both boys did awesome with the archery. We learned about fires and a “leave no trace” mindset. At the end my oldest son won the MeatEater raffle and got like $500 in merch!! Raffles are real!??
All in all, it was a wonderful day- full of smiles. Hands down the most humble and high-spirited tv celeb I’ve ever had the privilege to shake hands with, Mr. @Big Fin ! Thank you, til we meet again!
Randy Newberg autograph on the chest:core af

Randy Newberg autograph on the chest:core af
You already know broheim, he had to be careful with that sharpie tip, could break walnuts on these pectorals! Lol

In all seriousness, my old man took me to a lot of events as a kid and we always brought a sharpie and either a dedicated shirt or hat or a trinket. I thought about bringing a shed antler but didn’t wanna pack it everywhere. I think the public land hunter shirt was a good choice. #Vibing 😂🤣

I LOVE IT! Getting kids outside is so fun...and so needed.

If this was there first year, it will grow immensely!

Randy (@Big Fin), I would love to talk to one of the organizers to learn about their successes and challenges. Can you shoot me their contact info?

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back