Caribou Gear

FWP has 2023 regs available for download

That quota range column is new, no?

Good to have a little more flexibility on issuing tags based on environmental hardships.

Last edited:
That quota range column is new, no?
It is. I guess they've figured they can flex the quota if needed within the stated range.....which I guess means you could lose a tag if they flexed it downwardly. Trying to sift through the fine print now.

It is. I guess they've figured they can flex the quota if needed within the stated range.....which I guess means you could lose a tag if they flexed it downwardly. Trying to sift through the fine print now.
I'm not gonna sift through and just throw out some conjecture, as folks do: guessing it's primarily for B tags and antelope which they issue a little later after they see how things shake out in the spring?

I think you're likely right about relevance to B tags, etc. As for flexing the licenses within the ranges, it doesn't appear as though those will change mid year. According to this it can vary slightly from year to year.

1676508724044.png

They've always had a quota range and always had the ability to adjust tag numbers within that range between the application deadline and draw.

That quota range is just easier to find now.
I assumed as much, but also imagine that they're now publishing that range front and center to justify things in case John Q. Public is angry when they cut B tags from the number they'd been accustomed to seeing in years past.

“They are not into knee jerk reactions” if you see them adjust quotas down for antelope or mule deer does that means things are not good in that region. It has to get real bad before you will see a change.

Unfortunately the former 900 archery districts still don't have quota ranges. Hopefully the regulations changing from "1st choice only" to "1st and only choice" means the surplus permits for those districts will go away. I'm not getting my hopes up.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back