FWP Bonus Point Sketchiness

Until the whiny nonresidents quit funding FWP, they will continue to get away with doing whatever they want. MTFWP is dependent on nonresident dollars and business is strong.

Until the whiny nonresidents quit funding FWP, they will continue to get away with doing whatever they want. MTFWP is dependent on nonresident dollars and business is strong.
Your system is as broken as humpty dumpty and YOU MT residents allow it. Last I checked, NR aren’t voting anyone into office there. And, I never saw R hunters beating down the door asking to pay more for a tag. Instead, I heard “you’re pricing me out of hunting” at the thought of a $20 deer tag.

Your system is as broken as humpty dumpty and YOU MT residents allow it. Last I checked, NR aren’t voting anyone into office there. And, I never saw R hunters beating down the door asking to pay more for a tag. Instead, I heard “you’re pricing me out of hunting” at the thought of a $20 deer tag.
So you are saying that all we have to do is get rid of a few hundred thousand new arrivals that vote red and we can get back to blue, the people who basically did the same thing.

Reactions: DFS
So you are saying that all we have to do is get rid of a few hundred thousand new arrivals that vote red and we can get back to blue, the people who basically did the same thing.
I have no idea where you are going with that. I’m saying it’s been broken for a couple of decades. It didn’t get this way overnight. It sure isn’t the NR forcing this on anyone.

It was broke with both democrats and republicans at the helm, how exactly are we supposed to vote to fix this. My point is mtfwp isn’t held accountable for anything, as long as the money keeps coming in nothing will change.

Actually the exploitation seems to be rather symbiotic. Residents exploit NR for their money and NR exploit western states for a resource they may or may not have access to at home.

The level of intellectual discourse on HT seems to have slipped markedly over the years.

Template:

1. Post about point system
2. Respond with complaint about point system.
3. Make allegation economic collapse is imminent without NR dollars
4. Respond with butthurt about whiny NR
5. Repeat.
6. At some point complain about paying for federal lands.
4.5- insert ridiculous personal insults that have zero bearing on issue at hand.

5.5- make sure to point out that it’s all the fault of them damn demoncrats. Or repulsiveublicans. Because everything is a blue/red wave situation you know.

It was broke with both democrats and republicans at the helm, how exactly are we supposed to vote to fix this. My point is mtfwp isn’t held accountable for anything, as long as the money keeps coming in nothing will change.
Well, the stock growers sure figured out a way to pass HB42, legally mandating populations at or below objective. Figure it out.

Montanans had a choice between shades of "red" in the 2020 primary and GG is shade that was chosen. He terms out in 2028, so something to look forward to.

He is doing great things on all the fears surrounding a balloon. Although apparently no one told him how much Montana beef China is buying.

Last I checked, NR aren’t voting anyone into office there.
But if NR are buying themselves and their buddies into office, isn't it kinda the same? ;)
(ignore the fact that Montana voters are too dumb to recognize that)

4.5- insert ridiculous personal insults that have zero bearing on issue at hand.

5.5- make sure to point out that it’s all the fault of them damn demoncrats. Or repulsiveublicans. Because everything is a blue/red wave situation you know.
We forgot the final one.

Remind the other person they don’t live in XXX state and they should mind their own $*)Q!#@$ business, even though this is a public forum where everyone is allowed to join in.

Montanans had a choice between shades of "red" in the 2020 primary and GG is shade that was chosen. He terms out in 2028, so something to look forward to.

He is doing great things on all the fears surrounding a balloon. Although apparently no one told him how much Montana beef China is buying.

Terms out in in 2028 with Knudsen ready to step in. That’s going to be really great for access and non-pay hunting.

The degree to which the system is messed up is crazy. I get about an email per week this time of year on something messed up with the MT draw. I got this email this morning.

Did the rule change that you lost your points if you paid for your point in the spring draw of 2022 and not in the fall, as the lady told this guy? I've not heard of that.

I told the person to demand that FWP fix this for him. If they won't, I will suggest he require FWP show him the rule change and the authority for the rule change.

Today I was checking my bonus point totals on the Montana FWP website, and noticed that I did not have a preference point along with my bonus points. I thought that was odd, because I remember buying a preference point last year for myself and my Dad - a total of $200. I checked my receipt from 2022 and sure enough, I paid $200 for preference points. I called MT FWP and the lady told me that they changed the law last year, and that I needed to apply in the spring to maintain that preference point. I was under the assumption that I could buy a second preference point along with my bonus points during the summer point buying period after the application period. I was wrong. I was unaware of this change by MT FWP. You guys probably have mentioned this change, but if not, please make sure folks are aware of this. Hopefully MT FWP puts our donation to good use, like habitat improvement or towards public access.

What truly amazes me is that MTFWP have not fazed out accrued bonus points without informing the public. Heck, they have the money we spent on these points and in their benevolence could merely say….oh, we stopped doing that! Would not surprise me in the faintest. I still have accrued points. Not kidding myself I will ever draw a sheep permit. But, one can dream. MTG

Honestly doesn’t surprise me with Montana. I agree with the Statement made by Randy in the article they need to have a third party take care of it as well as Arizona.
Is Gordon Darby (fka Kalkomey) sponsoring influencers yet?

They better or they're going to have company soon.

Did the rule change that you lost your points if you paid for your point in the spring draw of 2022 and not in the fall, as the lady told this guy? I've not heard of that.
@Big Fin Randy the way I read this person's email is they bought a pref point in the spring of 2022 and DIDN'T apply for a tag thos spring 2023 and thought they could buy another point this summer (2023)

"I checked my receipt from 2022 and sure enough, I paid $200 for preference points. I called MT FWP and the lady told me that they changed the law last year, and that I needed to apply in the spring to maintain that preference point. I was under the assumption that I could buy a second preference point along with my bonus points during the summer point buying period after the application period. I was wrong."

This would fall under not applying for a tag in consecutive years thus losing his pref points.

Screenshot_20230513_112638_Drive.jpg

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caveman84
Back