Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

FW&P system has crashed...

MTGunner

Have tried since 5 AM to buy leftover tag as a resident. System won't let me on. I get an internal error display. DARN!! MTG

What a joke! Same thing on my end. I actually made it all the way to being able to click on "Antelope License" then it gave me the internal error message.

Now I can't get very deep in the system at all.

I'm feeling your pain MTGunner!

Still nothing but internal error. Government is an ongoing internal error. Maybe I should say "infernal" error.MTG

FWP office in Bozeman can get on through their system. Pathetic tech system that FWP has. They do not even have a way to determine the age of the average elk hunter in Montana! They are still using 1990's technology! Seems they have forgotten who they work for and who pays the bills.

FWP office in Bozeman can get on through their system. Pathetic tech system that FWP has. They do not even have a way to determine the age of the average elk hunter in Montana! They are still using 1990's technology! Seems they have forgotten who they work for and who pays the bills.

New websites cost money. FWP has legislatively mandated 4% cut and the Conservation & Education division took a 1/2 million $ hit in the budget. Installing a new website would cause a major expense.

The website sucks, let's take up a collection. :)

Got up and was waiting at 5am, tried for an hour and couldn't get in. Finally went to my local license provider and got my surplus deer B. Most everything was gone 45 minutes ago when I got mine.

SA...speaking for myself, I'm all for a resident fee increase. With that said, I want my money to be utilized in the most efficient manner and would fully expect a functioning website during anticipated high traffic days.
Is that what part of the fee increases will be allocated to, or will more money be expected to be doled out when the website continues to disappoint?

I'm home with a sick kid and saw this this morning. I feel bad for those out there missing out on tags.

That said, the Montana FWP website deals with thousands of transactions, requires serious security, and deals with increased web pressure always, while at the same time having their budget perpetually reduced.

Software engineers and IT people in general make 60 - 80% market wages when they work for the state. Of course there is a trade off in terms of perks, but watch the State of Montana Job Boards. Some IT jobs are posted two, three, even four times. That tells me qualified people aren't applying.

When people can leave the state and make significantly more in subject matter that is constantly changing and evolving and requires continuing education, and the turnaround for IT positions that require inside knowledge of legacy systems and business practices that may take a year or more to learn, service will be affected. I'm not saying that's the case here, but I am saying that until wages are more competitive I'd wager this is to be expected.

I ultimately went to a local license provider this AM to purchase the WT "B" tag that I wanted. The mule deer "B" tags were gone. I personally do not believe a fee increase is a bad idea. FW&P has their hands tied budget wise. I got one of two tags that I wanted. Good 'nuff! Good luck hunting to all. Have a great season. I am looking forward to your stories and pictures. MTG

Everything I wanted was sold out well before I had a chance to get to a license provider. Checked the website at 1pm and it was up so I figured while I'm in here I should see what is left and ended up with a single region whitetail just for something to do if I get bored later this fall...also donated a bit to the Hunter Feeding Hungry Program to make me feel better.

I also support a resident fee increase.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back