Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Future of Hunting in a CWD World

I am just wondering how long it will be until some anti hunting group uses CWD and other issues causing the decline in Mule Deer to petition for protection under the Endangered Species Act.

Maybe some of that money earmarked to study global warming should be spent on prion research and cwd

I came across an (almost certainly) CWD doe here in WI this summer. It was eerie how zombie-like it was. I could have easily touched it. Should dig up that footage...

I also presume it will have only a minor voluntary reduction in hunter numbers (the I don’t want to eat it factor). Rapid testing will likely provide quick turnaround so people can immediately dispose of it and get a new tag. I think the reduction will be to hunter opportunity.

That said, we can only slow it down. So I say do your part to slow it but then don’t worry and learn to love the bomb

View attachment 166831
Wisconsin DNR gives you another tag if your critter tests CWD positive? Wyoming G&F recommends NOT eating + test animals, but you sure don't get another tag.

Of course they were drinking.
This makes for loose lips.

If CWD is proven to be transmittable to humans....

Wildlife that carry the disease is no longer a viable foodsource.
Millions of pounds of wild game would no longer feed people.
This will immediately cause a dramatic increase in market share for meat producers.

Government agencies will be under pressure to eliminate all wildlife that carry the disease.
This will increase demand for domesticated deer/elk that are from proven CWD free herds.

The game farm industry is well aware of how to benefit from CWD.

Worst case scenario, if CWD is infectious and lethal to humans, and can be transmitted to humans through plants....

BOOM!

ALL cropland/grazingland with CWD positive soils will be designated an extreme biological hazard.
All crops from these lands will not be fit for human consumption.
The entirety of agricultural production will be less than worthless, it will be a liability.
No country will import it.
This would create the worst economic collapse the US has ever experienced, by magnitudes.

The Feds will likely move forward with complete extirpation of potential CWD carrying wildlife.
ALL wild deer, elk, and moose will be wiped out.

Game farms will be the only source of deer and elk.

IF CWD becomes infectious and lethal to humans, the world as we know it will change such that Covid will seem like a day at Disneyland.

To top it off, international hedgefund managers have been attending Prion conferences to keep updated, to learn how to speculate in advance of CWD infecting people....

I wish I conjured bad dream this up myself.
This information comes from a fellow that has dedicated his career for the last 30 years to consulting governments and various agencies on CWD.
Game farms will be the only source for deer and elk? Game farms are the cause of CWD spreading nationwide.

I guess I read the abstract differently.

Basically says we accept that humans likely got CJD by eating BSE+ beef.

The phylogenetic distance from cattle to humans is similar to that from deer to humans

So either phylogeny doesn’t explain susceptibility, or humans are probably eventually gonna get it (because we already got CJD from cows)

Certainly lots of unknowns, which is why I think there could be some fascinating research about why pronghorn seem unaffected.
Antelope tags will be highly sought after....skyrocketing point creep. LOL

I guess I read the abstract differently.

Basically says we accept that humans likely got CJD by eating BSE+ beef.

The phylogenetic distance from cattle to humans is similar to that from deer to humans

So either phylogeny doesn’t explain susceptibility, or humans are probably eventually gonna get it (because we already got CJD from cows)

Certainly lots of unknowns, which is why I think there could be some fascinating research about why pronghorn seem unaffected.
What about deer to cows to humans.

Seems like a bigger threat to consider than Deer to Humans is Deer to cows.

Of course they were drinking.
This makes for loose lips.

If CWD is proven to be transmittable to humans....

Wildlife that carry the disease is no longer a viable foodsource.
Millions of pounds of wild game would no longer feed people.
This will immediately cause a dramatic increase in market share for meat producers.

Government agencies will be under pressure to eliminate all wildlife that carry the disease.
This will increase demand for domesticated deer/elk that are from proven CWD free herds.

The game farm industry is well aware of how to benefit from CWD.

Worst case scenario, if CWD is infectious and lethal to humans, and can be transmitted to humans through plants....

BOOM!

ALL cropland/grazingland with CWD positive soils will be designated an extreme biological hazard.
All crops from these lands will not be fit for human consumption.
The entirety of agricultural production will be less than worthless, it will be a liability.
No country will import it.
This would create the worst economic collapse the US has ever experienced, by magnitudes.

The Feds will likely move forward with complete extirpation of potential CWD carrying wildlife.
ALL wild deer, elk, and moose will be wiped out.

Game farms will be the only source of deer and elk.

IF CWD becomes infectious and lethal to humans, the world as we know it will change such that Covid will seem like a day at Disneyland.

To top it off, international hedgefund managers have been attending Prion conferences to keep updated, to learn how to speculate in advance of CWD infecting people....

I wish I conjured bad dream this up myself.
This information comes from a fellow that has dedicated his career for the last 30 years to consulting governments and various agencies on CWD.
Loose lips and crazy ideas, clearly. There is a lot to unpack in that doomsday scenario chain of events. The "speaker" is probably overestimating the amount of venison consumed and the demand for farm-raised game in US. The the very least he is certainly overestimating the ability of producers, both beef and game farms, to react to market changes. The whole chain of events also relies on cows either being directly affected by CWD (no sign of that) or at the very least being able to pass it to humans (again, no sign of that). The story teller here seems to want to equate CWD to asbestos. While I agree we really don't know much about prions in general, so any scenario is theoretically possible, this one seems far-fetched. When you hear stuff like this, ask the person how much money they are willing to place on it happening. And make the next round non-alcoholic beer.

Keep spreading human sludge on our farm fields from Milwaukee> Prion spreading Milorganite

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back