Fund raiser question

What price ticket vs number sold would you buy a ticket for?

• $100 per ticket max 20 tickets sold

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • $50 per ticket max 40 tickets sold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $25 per ticket max 80 tickets sold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $20 per ticket max 100 tickets sold

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

midwesthunter

I will be helping out a foundation to raise some money through various raffles. I am wondering if its better to sell tickets at a lower $ amount but a higher number of tickets or a higher $ amount and lower number of tickets? There will be a maximum number of tickets sold so you will have an idea of the odds. For the Poll I will use a Guided youth antelope hunt for an example. Plan is to sell $2,000 worth of raffle tickets.

There are too many what-ifs for me.

I think you'll get more takers at $20 each if only 100 were sold as long as the prize is worthwhile (no cheap plastic rifles or shotguns). I almost never participate in raffles that don't have a limit on ticket numbers. Often $50 is my max for nicer raffles unless the prize is something sizeable like a drift boat or raft.

I would buy any of the above, but guessing most would buy the $20 tickets. That said, just be above board and honest. I know of a non profit here in Montana that has done firearm raffles, and tells folks only a thousand tickets were printed, but sells, several thousands.

I would buy any of the above, but guessing most would buy the $20 tickets. That said, just be above board and honest. I know of a non profit here in Montana that has done firearm raffles, and tells folks only a thousand tickets were printed, but sells, several thousands.
I plan to fill up the list on a FB post then do the drawing live on FB. I too am Leary of some of those online raffles.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back