PEAX Equipment

Front yard buck.

npaden

Took these pictures from my house this morning through my spotting scope (and the window and window screen so not the best quality).

81E7128E-C78F-48ED-9086-5FF7D9E595E5.jpg
2E9E8380-DAD3-4A1D-9BFE-748D0392BB0C.jpg
4E106ECE-B398-4E6F-B2EC-F8D6E6520409.jpg

We have had a short mule deer season in early November for the last 4 years but I can seem to get anything good to come onto my little 74 acre property in the daylight during the season.

I have some cereal grains in the bed of the truck and I will be planting a little over 5 acres of them this afternoon, hopefully they will come up and be an attraction by the time the season rolls around.

I’m thinking the best one would be somewhere around the 160 mark. Watching him he looks like he isn’t all that old but it would be hard to pass on him if I see him during the season.

I saw a bachelor group of 5 Whitetail bucks on my property this weekend as well and one of them is a 100% shooter and that season runs a little over 2 months so I have had better luck catching them making a mistake and crossing my 74 acres during the season.

Still amazed that the deer population here has grown enough to support a season for mule deer and Whitetail.

Nathan

That's pretty neat! Do you have to choose between a whitetail and a muley, or can you take one of each?

No, you can shoot one of each.

Whitetail season has only been open the last two years and I’ve been lucky enough to take a decent Whitetail each year.

575F03AF-EEA6-4295-A47A-28E0FA825E27.jpg
7CB60EDC-5997-49A1-BB79-2AC560F881EC.jpg

That first one was shot within about 50 yards from where the mule deer are standing in those pictures.

Beautiful bucks. I always enjoy spotting mule deer bucks along the Caprock. That is until they run across the highway in front of me.

Nice enough pic's W/ great content. Those muleys look Fine! That cheater buck and the typical wt's are both dandies! Good on you for making your place happen! There were usually feeding bucks a evening within sight of the Home Place on my Grandfathers Ranch. When i was 10-12 years old, Grandpa allowed those who asked permission, to hunt other parts of his large ranch but he kept back part of the place just for me.

Nice, I would be looking for that non typical for sure.
Got any aoudad running around out there?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back