Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

From the "Born Stupid" department

dgibson

Maybe this should be in Current Events...I just think it's funny. DelW, feel free to move as necessary. ;)

THURMAN, N.Y. A tip for would-be gasoline thieves: When stealing gas in the dark, don't use a lighter to see how you're doing.

Authorities say that's what one man did when he was siphoning gas from a dump truck at a business in the Adirondacks.

The sheriff's department says he was transferring the fuel from the truck to a gas can when he used a lighter to see how full the container had become. That sparked a fire that caused minor burns to his face and hands. The fire spread to a nearby forklift, which was destroyed in the blaze.

The man's been charged with petit larceny and criminal mischief. It was his second arrest in a month for stealing gasoline from businesses in the town of Thurman, about 65 miles north of Albany.

Look to the future SNR, look to the future. This would be like seeing Mickey Mantle bat when he was 16 or like listening to Breda Mancuso sing when she was 12.

:cool:

SRR...don't you remember the guy in the lawn chair with the helium balloons & pellet gun that the airline pilot called in? He actually survived.

I heard my brother was in the Georgia area, and the way he gets around stealing cars and gas, it very well could of been that loser...

noharleyyet said:
SRR...don't you remember the guy in the lawn chair with the helium balloons & pellet gun that the airline pilot called in? He actually survived.
I thought that one was a myth, like the one about the guy that put a jet assist take off on top of his chevy good story but,,,

snake river rufus said:
Naw, you got to die for a Darwin award

You were right SRR...according to the rules a candidate must eliminate themselves from the gene pool, either by death or sterility.

The JATO (rocket car) was the 1995 winner...pure myth...don't know about the flying lawchair...most likely myth also...funny stuff...even funnier with suspended credibility. :D

I like to watch the show "Mythbusters"

There are a lot of these types of myths and many more that these two guys bust or prove by "doing" the myth to see what happens...

The rocket on a car is one they did, I don't remember the outcome and the balloons and lawn chair thing is some thing they proved can work, plus they did a back ground and actually talked to some of the people involved...

Here's today's installment...
FREDERICK, Md. A man who videotaped his friend's lethal nearly-naked motorcycle stunt has been convicted of two misdemeanors and is being fined.

A Maryland judge says if Ben Meacham hadn't been taping it, his bare-bottomed buddy might never have had the September accident.

Shaun Matlock was wearing only tennis shoes, a T-shirt and a helmet when he lost control during a "wheelie" and slammed into a parked tow truck.

Another friend in similar attire was riding alongside, but was not injured. He was fined a-thousand dollars in November after pleading guilty to indecent exposure and negligent driving.

According to testimony at the trial, Matlock wanted to do a special stunt on his last ride before surrendering his bike. The 21-year-old had fallen behind on payments.

Meacham wouldn't join the ride, but agreed to tape it from a van. He was convicted of reckless driving and negligent driving.

One last nude ride with video as "Exhibit A" before the repo man takes it away huh? Sounds logical. :D

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back