MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

From on High

What a great adventure and superb report, as a 'flatlander' myself I can relate to going straight to elevation.
You made his dream come true.
Great shot placement.
Cheers
Richard

Thank you for sharing that great report and the photos. If you start a GoFundMe to rescue the head let me know, that has to be a heartbreaker to leave behind. Congrats to the team on a beautiful bull!
I too was a bit sad reading that part of the story. Congrats on a successful trip though! Enjoyed the photos and trip report.

@Hatchie Dawg nice write up and I 100% agree a surley llama is a great llama. We rented from the same outfit, apollo was kinda a jerk... and therefore an amazing packer.

I might drop references to the guy who rented you and I the packers, getting a little hard to find llamas to rent these days. If a fellow Ht'er needs a contact they can PM you, no need to hose yourself out of a outfitter by posting on the open forum.

Also clarification you just left the cape correct, not the antlers?

Great story about friends being friends. I’m also curious about antlers as I did not see any on llama in photo of pack out.

Heck of a write-up, I could feel the joy of all of your hard work and preparation! Way to do it the right way.

Thank you all for the kind comments.

We got the antlers out for sure. No way were we going to leave those. Bobby will put on a plaque.

Untitled by Hatchie, on Flickr

wllm1313- I recognized your lead ropes.

Kansasdad- You have a very good, very long memory and you pretty much summed up several aspects of my elk journey. I've described the spot as a bad girlfriend. I leave and say I'm never going back but then time passes and.......you know. Good to hear from you.
HD

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back