Yeti GOBOX Collection

Friend Loses All in Fire

Idaho_B&T

A good friend and hunting partner suffered a great tragedy a couple of weeks ago. He lost everything in a house fire (in Melba, ID). Fortunately, however, no one was hurt. Although a great tragedy, many times people can rely on insurance to take care of the essentials. However his case is different. He was between homes and staying in a short-term rental. They had all their belongings packed up and stored in this rental home as they waited to move into their new home. Although they had homeowners insurance on their home, they did NOT have renters insurance while at the rental, which makes their loss all the more tragic. Friends, family and the local community have pulled together to help them greatly with personal and household needs. Our friend, John, is a VERY avid outdoorsman. Like most of us, he had aquired quite a bit of outdoor and hunting/fishing equipment and mounts over the years. He literally lost everything with exception of his bow, which he for some reason happened to have in his work truck. As one would expenct, he is not focusing on his own losses, but rather the losses endured by his family. A couple of us who hunt with John are trying to help him out in the hunting area. He and his sons have tags for this fall and they don't even have hunting cloths or anything to use, not even a single gun. His best friend Scott and myself have set up an open gift card at the Sportsmans Warehouse in Twin Falls, ID. The manager there, Reese Widmier has been gracious enough to let us keep one open there and accept donations to it in John's name. If anyone on here is interested in helping out in any way, that would b AWESOME. To put money on the gift card, just call The Sportsmans Warehouse at 208-737-9900 and ask to put money on the "John Gramps Gift Card". Or if you have anything to donate to him and his family pm me and I can either put you in touch directly with him or get stuff to him. He only has a few 'hunting friends', but we are trying to at least get him and his sons going this fall. The gift card is open until Sept.7.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post!! It is much appreciated!!!

Idaho_B&T

So sorry to hear about your friends loss. I have a sportsmans warehouse 25 dollar gift card in my wallet that I would gladly donate. PM me the address of where to send it to and I will get it mailed Monday.

that is very sad. i just got back from murphy and my cousin was tell me a stoy there, they ae close, is this the same stoy?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mowglimadness
Back