Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Friday Music: Your "Wonder Years".

The entire Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 soundtrack is etched into my brain. Some of my favorites were

Made me think of this game. Man I just had serious nostalgia going thru that sound track and look at that game. Haha

Hah! I saw Jefferson Starship, Santana, Credence, Tower of Power, Eddie Money all at high school dances! I saw Janis Joplin and early Big Brother in a living room in the Haight when I was a little kid!!!
"Mama told me it to come"
In Pasadena the Rose Palace was the deal. I would sneak into the Troubadour, Ice House, Topanga Corral, the Shrine and the Paladium when I was 12-15...lol on my 10 speed.
Last show I saw before shipping out was at the Shrine. I took dad's Rover and a couple gals to see Cheech & Chong, T.O.P. ,Earth Wind & Fire, and Santana.

Last one for this week. I've told this story before. I was 13. My aunt scored a lakeside house with dock on Lake Shasta for a week. My cousin Susan was 18 and brought three smokin' foxy girlfriends with her. My other cousin, Mike, brought their family's 19' Sanger ski boat with 8 track.

These were the soundtrack for a week of getting up on one ski, wardrobe malfunctions, and generally realizing that the Female of the Species would be my life's pursuit. Years later Susan told me that my mother chewed her out because all the dad's were rubbernecking her friends. Two of the three were at my aunt's memorial. We had a good laugh talking about that goofy 13 year old kid.

The 8-track soundtrack for my coming of age.

Years later I visited my future wife's house in Santa Cruz County for the first time. Me using the car repair tactic to get a little closer. While she was freshening up I went through her record collection. When I saw this AWB classic album cover and Aaron Copland, I knew my chasing days were soon over. We've been together more that half our lives now.

Last edited:
All this music brings back good and some bad memories. I got my first "education" at 13. Started smoking with the guys. Moved up the stupid ladder until I was 17 when I met my shorter half in 1968. 54 years later she's still definitely my smarter half. She wouldn't put up with the bullshit. She is overwhelmingly worth it. All my teenage buddies are dead. I'd be right with them if it wasn't for the cute little blonde chick.

This Friday’s music thread blew up so not sure if this one was played I wasn’t in the mood to go through and double check every single post but I’m going with this 80s classic and if it’s already been played who cares we’re playing it again, And if it hasn’t been played well even better

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajjones
Back