Friday Music: Storytellers

I could list so many. Possibly every country song ever written !

For those who fish: Brad's song "I am going to miss her"

For those who love dogs: Walter Brennan "Old Shep" will grab you and might even bring moisture to your eyes

Unknown artists with an "old" memory tune: First Aid Kit "Emmylou" This includes Gram for you fellows who remember him--as well as John and June

Brooks and Dunn Red Dirt Road will hit home for some of you fellows in the mid west

Tom T----Old Dogs, Children and Watermelon wine and/or Faster horses, Younger women, Older Whiskey and more money --both tell a story (-;

Peter Paul and Mary: Blowing in the Wind, will be remembered by some here, but probably not many. But it was written by Bob Dylan in opposition to wars ( at that time a specific conflict actually )

To: Glen-----"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave " If anyone knows what this refers to they could post that song ;)

Anyway, Harley, if you or any of you fine gentlemen will pick one and post it, I will appreciate it. The one "To Glen" will work for me ;) but they are all tunes that tell stories.

This has been a great playlist I’ve put together off today’s suggestions. Thanks all and happy Friday! I have to pay more attention to this weekly thread!

Jim Croce , Time in a Bottle, is a song that tells a sorry that hits very close to home right now

44hunter45 , thank you also. Take it Easy is another one of theirs that tells a story AND it happens in Arizona (-;

Lige, also, Coward of the County was another good story by Kenny

Ken ( post 47 ) THANK YOU, I had forgotten that tune, thank you

Tradewind. Thank you very much. Loved your reply, the key is to be paying attention--thank you and good luck next week

the story Janis told in Me and Bobby MaGee hit pretty close to home for her. Regardless it is a good story song and she sang it well

What do you think guys should we be kind to any Disco followers here and post Donna--last dance (-;

and dont forget Carly --your so vain-- that was a story song about someone in her life --- was it Warren or Mick ? (-:

Last edited:
Back