MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Fresh Tracks Merchandise

I sent an email to RJ like you recommended about the dry-fit (think synthetic base layer material or Under Armour workout clothing) shirts and haven't heard back. You said [email protected], correct?

I sent an email to RJ like you recommended about the dry-fit (think synthetic base layer material or Under Armour workout clothing) shirts and haven't heard back. You said [email protected], correct?

Like @Dsnow9 said, you have an extra letter in there. Appreciate your input. Hopefully the process below makes sense.

We keep track of requests and see what people ask for. Then we figure out if it is worth the costs of set up for the shirt design, what our cost of the shirt will be (which determines our selling price) and then we ask how well the garment will hold ink. Not saying we won't some day do dry-fit shirts, but that fabric scores low in all the criteria mentioned above. They do not hold ink very well, so you end up with bleeding in all but the simplest designs. The durability of the screen printing is low due to the nylon fabric. The cost is much higher for the blank shirts. And, so far, the demand seem pretty low to print a large number of each size/style.

RJ and the crew are in charge of the merch program, but they usually run the final ideas by me. If we are going to do a run of 60-80 shirts that cost us $20 each and a few hundred more for art design and set up, they run that by me. If they can prove it will sell and we don't end up investing with a bunch of inventory we sit on and can only get rid of it at a discount, I tell them to come up with a better idea.

Not saying we won't do a dry-fit shirt. RJ asked our merch provider for some samples when he talk to them last week. Just a lot more complication and cost than it seems. And, is why most companies use T-shirts as their merch product.

Thought it'd be worth while to drop in a review of a shirt I bought.

I bought the "public land hunt like you own it shirt". I'll admit I'm cheap and it didn't catch my attention until I saw 25% off on Facebook. So I bit and opened it yesterday morning. I'm still wearing it as I type this. From purely a tshirt perspective I love it. Material is super light weight and comfortable. I was expecting a cotton tshirt. I'm 6'2 210lbs and the XL fits perfect. Not too tight, but not too loose. I got a green one because I lost my other olive green tshirt last hunting season and that is what I like to wear for early season hunts and scouting trips. I'll be ordering a second one.

Like @Dsnow9 said, you have an extra letter in there. Appreciate your input. Hopefully the process below makes sense.

We keep track of requests and see what people ask for. Then we figure out if it is worth the costs of set up for the shirt design, what our cost of the shirt will be (which determines our selling price) and then we ask how well the garment will hold ink. Not saying we won't some day do dry-fit shirts, but that fabric scores low in all the criteria mentioned above. They do not hold ink very well, so you end up with bleeding in all but the simplest designs. The durability of the screen printing is low due to the nylon fabric. The cost is much higher for the blank shirts. And, so far, the demand seem pretty low to print a large number of each size/style.

RJ and the crew are in charge of the merch program, but they usually run the final ideas by me. If we are going to do a run of 60-80 shirts that cost us $20 each and a few hundred more for art design and set up, they run that by me. If they can prove it will sell and we don't end up investing with a bunch of inventory we sit on and can only get rid of it at a discount, I tell them to come up with a better idea.

Not saying we won't do a dry-fit shirt. RJ asked our merch provider for some samples when he talk to them last week. Just a lot more complication and cost than it seems. And, is why most companies use T-shirts as their merch product.
Thanks for the response! I apologize for the typo... I know you'd have to charge more for the shirt and I would pay extra myself (I paid more for the shirt below). What about something like this where the letters sit on top rather than an ink transfer? Not trying to second guess you, but trying to through out alternative ideas (I'm an engineer, it's what I do...).

20200520_183744.jpg

I filmed a quick video today. It might not go over that good with all the desire for people to get out of town on the first real weekend of the year, but this little stunt is personally important to me.

Memorial Day is my most cherished national Holiday. I always go to the service here in Bozeman. Memorial Day always makes me think of those who gave everything. Some who were very close to me and so many who I will never know.

From this Friday to next Friday, every order we process will be a $5 donation to the TACP Association. Dale, one of our field producers, was a JTAC for ten years and he told me about the non-profit for those with that MOS who died in service and how that small group doesn't get much attention. Not that we will be a huge lift for them, but it is our way of giving a small bit to those families who have given so much.

Link to that group here - https://tacpassociation.org/blog/

So, if you are inclined, buying during that period will help a group that helps those families who gave so much.

I filmed a quick video today. It might not go over that good with all the desire for people to get out of town on the first real weekend of the year, but this little stunt is personally important to me.

Memorial Day is my most cherished national Holiday. I always go to the service here in Bozeman. Memorial Day always makes me think of those who gave everything. Some who were very close to me and so many who I will never know.

From this Friday to next Friday, every order we process will be a $5 donation to the TACP Association. Dale, one of our field producers, was a JTAC for ten years and he told me about the non-profit for those with that MOS who died in service and how that small group doesn't get much attention. Not that we will be a huge lift for them, but it is our way of giving a small bit to those families who have given so much.

Link to that group here - https://tacpassociation.org/blog/

So, if you are inclined, buying during that period will help a group that helps those families who gave so much.
Very cool! TACPs are a really cool crew of folks with what they do for the mission!! Like you said, most have never heard of one...

Saw the add today in my email about your donations. Got one for myself and my daughter heading this way. Told her she has to wear it when she starts school in Missoula next year in case she sees Randy around town.

Thanks to all who have been buying shirts. Looks like Fin will get a chance to put his money where his mouth is. And I'm more than happy to do so.

A side benefit is that these purchases have given the small T-shirt company in South Dakota a few extra days of work for some of their employees during these terrible economic event.

Some have emailed and asked where to make direct donations, not needing any more T-shirts. Thanks to those generous folks. Anyone wanting to do the same, here is the link - https://tacpassociation.org/blog/donate/

Thanks to all who have been buying shirts. Looks like Fin will get a chance to put his money where his mouth is. And I'm more than happy to do so.

A side benefit is that these purchases have given the small T-shirt company in South Dakota a few extra days of work for some of their employees during these terrible economic event.

Some have emailed and asked where to make direct donations, not needing any more T-shirts. Thanks to those generous folks. Anyone wanting to do the same, here is the link - https://tacpassociation.org/blog/donate/

I may have missed something but didn’t see a link from your website to get to the shop. I had to enter the shop website directly into search bar. Are there plans to put a link on the website or did I miss something?

I may have missed something but didn’t see a link from your website to get to the shop. I had to enter the shop website directly into search bar. Are there plans to put a link on the website or did I miss something?
Post number 1 on this thread.

Post number 1 on this thread.
I know how to get there, my point was that if you go to randynewberg.com I could not find anyway to access the site like the links for HT, YouTube videos, resources. The only way I could find the shop was the HT link or directly enter the shop.randynewberg.com website.

Saw the add today in my email about your donations. Got one for myself and my daughter heading this way. Told her she has to wear it when she starts school in Missoula next year in case she sees Randy around town.
Well we got our daughter all moved in this week. Bitter sweet moment to have the youngest out and starting her own adventure. I'm hoping next year to head over and do a family deer hunt near Missoula? Some beautiful country there for sure.

I'd be more inclined to purchase a $125 pair of Quality leather mittens, a $50 wool neck gator over a $25 Tee with some cutezzy slogan. And I would want it made in America.

Back