Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Freeze Dried Meals

Surprised I haven’t seen MH lasagna on this list. That’s my go to, along with biscuits and gravy. I like the Peak breakfasts with the strawberry granola too, and I got some Pad Thai that was really good too but I can’t remember the brand. And like most of you, can’t stand the Stroganoff. If you wait till hunting season to buy that seems like all that’s left on the shelf. Rookie mistake if you get stuck with Stroganoff if you ask me, but apparently a few of you weirdos like it 😂
I will try MH lasagna. If you don’t like the Peak Stroganoff, we can’t be friends. I can’t yet comment on MH version, as I’ve not tried.

I will try MH lasagna. If you don’t like the Peak Stroganoff, we can’t be friends. I can’t yet comment on MH version, as I’ve not tried.
Haven’t tried the peak. I do like stroganoff, so I’d add it to the menu if it’s not like the MH.

Knorr packs are good and several just need water, Idahoan potatoes are good too. Rahman noodools. Are all good too and cheep. Peak home style chicken is good. Same with their chicken teriyaki.

Met-rx makes really good bars too. I like the super cookie crunch and the cookie dough.

Or you can get real food freeze dried by @North Idaho Snackables ? I’m thinking I’m going to cook a few meals, freeze and overnight or give her the recipe…. I don’t see MH or Peak etc doing that?
Matt
I’m all game for good stuff. There are some good ones out there from a few, and a whole bunch of junk otherwise. I may grab a few, but I always wonder when a person supports the same operator repeatedly, without mentioning other very good options and some exceptional ones.

Anyone try “Next Mile”? Supposedly a Paleo type meal. I’m doing high fat / low carb and have never felt better. Dropped 20lbs in 60 days, just from changing my diet.

I’m all game for good stuff. There are some good ones out there from a few, and a whole bunch of junk otherwise. I may grab a few, but I always wonder when a person supports the same operator repeatedly, without mentioning other very good options and some exceptional ones.
I’ve mentioned a lot of other meals, see my day by days the past 8 or so years, I’ve tried a lot of them. MH used to be the only thing out there, all there chicken stuff is edible, peaks breakfast stuff is good, both are not the greatest for your body, MH has to much salt and Peak has to much cholesterol in it, I hunt and backpack 90+ days a year, the cholesterol in peak actually made a significant increase in my labs, another reason I’m backing off peaks. @old270hunter you don’t know me, hell you joined in 2022 joined, before you decide what person I am you should do your research 🧐
Matt

Last edited:
I’ve mentioned a lot of other meals, see my day by days the past 8 or so years, I’ve tried a lot of them. MH used to be the only thing out there, all there chicken stuff is edible, peaks breakfast stuff is good, both are not the greatest for your body, MH has to much salt and Peak has to much cholesterol in it, I hunt and backpack 90+ days, the cholesterol in peak actually made a significant increase in my labs, another reason I’m backing off peaks. @old270hunter you don’t know me, hell you joined in 2022 joined, before you decide what person I am you should do your research 🧐
Matt
Ok pal. I will actually order a few items though, as that’s what it’s all about. And if they suck, or rock, you’ll hear about it. Hope they rock.

On my 5-day backcountry hunt last year I brought PACKIT GOURMET. I like the concept of combining the freeze-dried meals with something not freeze-dried....a real pita, tortillas, etc - makes it feel like you're eating normal food.

I’ve not seen any comments on the Peak cheesy chicken broccoli. I will be giving that one a try first.
After having a Covid bout and stuck at home, I did give this a shot. I can say it’s not too bad at all. Comes as advertised. Yes, I would have it after a day of hunting. The broccoli does come through, but not overpowering. It’s a keeper, but needs salt n pepper.

Bought some Gastro Gnome at *gasp* dare i say, Utah Hunt Expo. 🫢😂

Met the owner Shannon. She seems awesome. Excited to try it out. Seen her banner ads on Hunt Talk as well, so I’m happy to support her. Rooting for small businesses!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back