Yeti GOBOX Collection

Freeze Dried Meals

I see none of you are givin' up ur honeyholes.

I've been on the peak train for a couple years. HC is good but spendy. GG is gross. All the cheaper backpacking off brands are gross. MC at least 6 a year, always the first meal of the trip, anymore and I think I'd die of too much sodium.
By a dehydrator or freeze dryer and make your own. Then you eat what you want i'm about to pull the trigger on one.. Just started researching..FTI Dehydrator preserves the meals best and retain vitamins and minerals better..

Bought some Gastro Gnome at *gasp* dare i say, Utah Hunt Expo. 🫢😂

Met the owner Shannon. She seems awesome. Excited to try it out. Seen her banner ads on Hunt Talk as well, so I’m happy to support her. Rooting for small businesses!!
Ask @neffa about gastric gnome. I brought one of there meals I bought at rendezvous on a hunt. It tasted great but it tore me a new one that I have never prior to or after had from a dehydrated meal. It came out looking exactly the same. That’s just my experience but I have not and will not go back. PR or MH for me have also tried a few smaller ones like fenwig I think it is GGGhas a huge selection of small brands that I’ve tried a few. Hard to beat PR for taste and price.

I’m still on the search for healthy high protein, high fat and low carb meals. Gastro Gnome has a crazy high carb count for me.

Anyone try the Stoway Gourmet meals? Little pricey but look good with some interesting opinions.

I just buy a mix of brands and flavors…..

Summer backpacking I just take things I can cook in the field or eat as they are.

I think all the bagged meals suck….I had enough of mre type food after living on them for 6 months in the sand box.

Just tried this today. With ground burger it’s hard to get it to rehydrate correctly but I had no pieces of gravel; it was a little different on texture but flavor was on point. AD07088C-0229-4051-A6AF-2B08A8ACA54B.jpeg3E6D7BC0-99E4-42FB-BA76-5A4603455139.png

Peak brand taste good but some of them give me heartburn. Also they dont taste better than mountain house. Although i like some of their different meals that mtn house doesnt offer. They cost more so i dont buy them anymore. Heathers choice is good but expensive and smaller serving size. I only purchase if i can hit a good sale. Backpackers pantry sucks. All you guys saying mountain house gives you rank gas and mushy dumps are full of it! EVERY freeze dried food creates rank gas ect!!!!

Anyone try “Next Mile”? Supposedly a Paleo type meal. I’m doing high fat / low carb and have never felt better. Dropped 20lbs in 60 days, just from changing my diet.
We just bought our first Munk Pack Keto bars to try. We bought some singles and liked them, decided to get a box of the peanut butter bars off Amazon. Tasty and 150 Calories/bar.

Last edited:
We just bought our first Munk Pack Keto bars to try. We bought some singles and liked them, decided to get a box of the peanut butter bars off Amazon. Tasty and 150 Calories/bar.
Right on! I’ll give them a try. Thank you. 👍🏻

Ok pal. I will actually order a few items though, as that’s what it’s all about. And if they suck, or rock, you’ll hear about it. Hope they rock.
I did try the North Idaho Snackables meals that I ordered. I was very happy with the chicken enchilada. That will get a re-order and will be on the menu for sure this season. The turkey/ black bean chili was decent. I’d order that again to mix things up, but my opinion is it’s average, and I’m not a turkey chili fan. Neither tasted better than my faves from others, but that chicken enchilada works for sure.
I’ve mentioned a lot of other meals, see my day by days the past 8 or so years, I’ve tried a lot of them. MH used to be the only thing out there, all there chicken stuff is edible, peaks breakfast stuff is good, both are not the greatest for your body, MH has to much salt and Peak has to much cholesterol in it, I hunt and backpack 90+ days a year, the cholesterol in peak actually made a significant increase in my labs, another reason I’m backing off peaks. @old270hunter you don’t know me, hell you joined in 2022 joined, before you decide what person I am you should do your research 🧐
Matt

It’s much better than the MH. I add a little extra water and a packet of red pepper flakes and it’s one of my favorites.
I tried the MH stroganoff. Not impressed. It’s too watery and damn near no meat. The Peak is better by a wide margin. Obviously taste is subjective, but for those of you that think MH stroganoff is good, you may want to try the Peak. You will thank me for that. I would do a little extra water and sit time for the PEAK.

Back