Frank Church work II

BuzzH

This last week I spent another 5 days in the Frank Church working. My work partner and I back-packed 43.5 miles in 3 days. The Mystery ranch packs work great...couldnt even imagine not having those packs for this kind of work.

Anyway, heres a picture of the cold meadows guard station, we got flown in early and hiked 11 miles that day.

cold%20meadows%20guard%20station.JPG

The guard station is on the registry for historic sites...which is good.

guardstation.JPG

The first night we camped at coyote springs. This isnt what it looks like, its an old telegraph booth, there was telegraph lines and old insulators on the inside.

coyotespringsphone.JPG

While we were camped at coyote springs had a visitor every night...

d22.JPG

Heres a picture of Cottonwood creek...I believe it burned in 2000 or close to there. Nice and green now.

cottonwood2.JPG

We had some work in the upper part of Trapper Creek...right at the base of the first big hills.

trapper%20cr3.JPG

Also had some work just below cottonwood peak:

cottonwood%20peak.JPG

The last night we spent in the bunkhouse at cold meadows...heres the deluxe accomadations:

bunkhouse3.JPG

While we were there, I noticed a few things...this old vice was kind of neat and sits right in front of the tool shed.

vice.JPG

Of course, I had to try it...and it still works perfectly...and its been there for a while, since 1913:

vice%20year.JPG

We had a pretty good trip...one last picture of soldier bar airstrip from the air:

soldier%20bar.JPG

Very cool pics Buzz.

Between you and Oak, I am wondering how one goes about getting such a job. The pictures from your days of work make the rest of us realize what we are missing.

Although, sleeping in that bunk house in February could take some fun out of an otherwise enjoyable job.

Great pictures Buzz and thanks for the narration of the photos. You do have one of those to die for jobs.. Bet you don't dred a day of work. Good stuff.. Keeps the soul healthy.

Cool pics Buzz.

Did you see any elk or very much sign of any?

and I thought my job was cool.... thanks for burstng my bubble:p Is that snow in the picture of the hillside??

Very cool pictures! I have been planning a trip into Soldier Bar for a hunting trip....someday. Any more pictures of this area?

What do you mean, you had some work? I have no idea what you can do, count trees or something like that?

Nice pictures, thanks for sharing.

What did you accomplish Mr. Hettick other than having a good time at the taxpayers expense? (something you have laughed about and threw in the citizens faces)

Mule, I accomplished work that you'd never even attempt...and thats a fact. You'd need to pay someone like me to guide you and do all the work as well as all the thinking...sort of like you did with your goat.

Very good pics, thanks for sharing!! Looking forward to see a bit of that country in the next little bit...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back