Fox car rentals Denver

Addicting

Just a heads up, please read the Google reviews before you rent from here. I did it thru Priceline and it was non refundable and their reviews are not on par with what google is. Vacations to the mountains are suppose to be relaxing, probably not a good place to start. A expensive lesson learned.

I’ve rented from them once and had a great experience. Much better than with Avis.

It’s not worth the cost savings; especially at DEN. They have half as many shuttles so you could be waiting 30-45min to get to their off airport lot.

Also the line when you get there is another 30+ min.

Just a heads up, please read the Google reviews before you rent from here. I did it thru Priceline and it was non refundable and their reviews are not on par with what google is. Vacations to the mountains are suppose to be relaxing, probably not a good place to start. A expensive lesson learned.
First - Rental Cars are in a very difficult position right now across the board. See, for example:

Second - Don't use Priceline/Kayak/Expedia, et al for car rental bookings (or, really, for flights or hotels either). They are useful as a consolidated search tool, but if you actually execute the booking, they become the travel agent and thus an intermediary that just complicates things. Book directly with the airline/hotel/car rental agency. 99.9% of the time, they will offer the best price or have a best price guarantee for direct bookings.

Third - Fox is a budget agency. Nearly all the locations are 'remote' or 'off-airport'. Like the Spirit Airlines of the rental car world - and expect Spirit level service for the most part.

Fourth - Never rent a car without signing up for said agencies 'preferred' program first. It's free and you'll get to skip the counter.

Fifth - Sorry your vacation to our fine state was marred by rental car shenanigans

Denver is tough - you are pretty much stuck with the airport, unless you can get a shuttle to town. Portland is bad, too, because the Port of Portland basically causes the costs to double for airport rentals. We Uber to an off-site location in town, rates are usually 40-60% lower. Maybe you can do that in Denver next time. But Fox? As much as I hate paying rental car costs, the few bucks saved with that outfit ain't worth it.

Geez man, give me a heads up next time and I'll pick you up and drop you off at a rental shop in town instead of the DIA ones, I owe you that much for those primers ;)

Geez man, give me a heads up next time and I'll pick you up and drop you off at a rental shop in town instead of the DIA ones, I owe you that much for those primers ;)
I’m saving all my phone a friends for if I get a moose down this year in a bad spot. I am trying to burn my CO points on a cow tag and doubled down by applying in ID.

We used fox in Denver last year, I had read some reviews so I expected the worst. I managed to get out of there in under an hour after paying slightly more than advertised for a slightly smaller car than promised. Other than that it wasnt too terrible. I just wanted a vehicle and out of Denver as quickly as possible

This is very true. The rental car situation on Hawaii when I was there last month was wild. Hours of waiting, shortages of cars, nearly a conplete free for all in the lots, etc. They were giving anybody any vehicle they could get and people were taking them just to get out of there

I’ve been keeping a eye on rental car prices for September at DEN and they are running way higher than last year. I’ve always had good luck with enterprise. Took a Uber to Aurora one time from airport and saved quite a bit.

I used them in Denver last year and they were absolute trash. Terrible service from basically hostile people at the counter and I waited for almost 2 hours while they had cars just like the one I rented just sitting there with no one using them.

Never going back there - EVER.
Used Sixt once last year too and they're just as awful. Tried to blame me for a putting a nail in a tire that I pointed out them onsite. Acted like I was lying and wanted $600 for a sh%tty little tire when I brought it back the next day with low air requesting that they deal with it.

Done with the cheap rental car outfits.

I ended up just going to budget and renting there. Seamless from the online reservation to pickup. Brand new Ford Escape with 1300 miles. In and out in 15 min. Yep it was more but totally worth it.

I’ve used enterprise a bunch, seamless in and out with online reservations.
rented a full size pickup last October (middle of pandemic) 10 days,unlimited miles 2 drivers for 500$. Put 4000 miles on it didn’t pay to take mine IMO

Take the train to old Stapleton Airport area. Often cheaper on rental and faster travel to city from out on the plains rattlesnake country.

Rented from them last winter as I flew into Denver to go to Colorado Springs for a week. They forced me to buy the toll road payment service for the duration, which was more expensive than the car fee, even though I only had tolls on the way out of Denver and the way back to Denver which would've been for 1 day each. Colorado has a great thing where you can't pay at the toll booth as they charge the car owner the tolls off of the license plates so I was stuck. If I wouldn't have taken out the toll service for the duration Fox going to charge me about a $25 surcharge every time I went through a toll booth. Ended up costing me significantly more than if I would've rented through a normal car agency. Never will I use Fox again.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back