MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Found wall tents in the area I'm E-scouting- abandon ship?

Always amazes me when I come across outfitter wall tents right in the middle of where the elk SHOULD be living. lol Instead the elk are forced even higher or in some cases lower on the mountain due to the outfitter placing clients in drop camps right in their bedroom.

This camp is right in the middle of a place that SHOULD be filled with Elk. Instead it is filled with an outfitter trash fires daily during the entire month of September. Not sure why they chose this spot but it doesn't help ANYONE in that unit. Its own clients included.

25.JPG

Always amazes me when I come across outfitter wall tents right in the middle of where the elk SHOULD be living. lol Instead the elk are forced even higher or in some cases lower on the mountain due to the outfitter placing clients in drop camps right in their bedroom.

This camp is right in the middle of a place that SHOULD be filled with Elk. Instead it is filled with an outfitter trash fires daily during the entire month of September. Not sure why they chose this spot but it doesn't help ANYONE in that unit. Its own clients included.

View attachment 237496
People aren’t smart. I stopped by a massive camp yesterday with generators, multiple atvs, campers, etc. The camp is right in a very natural saddle with multiple elk trails within 200 yards of the camp. These guys effectively wrecked a couple different ridges and drainages

View attachment 237496
And obviously a dry camp. Not fun hauling in water for man and beasts. Dumb in the extreme.

Love this.
Although we have a running joke where we start to use our binos backwards and talk about how slow it is when others approach it usually shuts down the small talk before it gets going.
I walked into some guys' camp one year with my pack and rifle, using my walking staff as a blind man's cane, sweeping it back and forth in front of me. A bunch of young studs sitting around sipping on some adult beverages. They asked me if I needed help and I said I got something down a ways back and needed some help getting the saddle off it before I could pack it out. The grins and hoots and hollers made it all worthwhile.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back