Found another good one....

Elkwhisper

I've tagged out earlier in the season before but don't think i have ever had less time in the field before connecting. Work and family obligations didn't allow me to get out much yet, but got lucky and found a good one and it all came together.

Set elk blinds all morning and on the way back to town I spotted this guy with two buddies making their way toward a state section that I drive by all the time but have never seen a goat on. It took a long time and lots of zig zagging.....crawling..... sprinting.... sweating..... You know public land spot and stalk antelope hunting. The buck may have had the last laugh though as he had the good sense to die 1.2 miles from the truck...and I had to go back for my pack after I killed him. 4 trips back and forth in the heat of the day were about as much as this aging fat man can handle. Dehydration... heat stroke...cramps.... it was lots of Type 2 fun. But he is home on ice and tomorrow will become my favorite meat in the freezer.

Now hoping a big ol bull will be as accomodating......I am a glutton for punishment.

Attachments

• 20220829_125047.jpg
    20220829_125047.jpg
    824.5 KB · Views: 182
  • 20220829_125344.jpg
    20220829_125344.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 180
  • 20220829_125325.jpg
    20220829_125325.jpg
    869.4 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
I've tagged out earlier in the season before but don't think i have ever had less time in the field before connecting. Work and family obligations didn't allow me to get out much yet, but got lucky and found a good one and it all came together.

Set elk blinds all morning and on the way back to town I spotted this guy with two buddies making their way toward a state section that I drive by all the time but have never seen a goat on. It took a long time and lots of zig zagging.....crawling..... sprinting.... sweating..... You know public land spot and stalk antelope hunting. The buck may have had the last laugh though as he had the good sense to die 1.2 miles from the truck...and I had to go back for my pack after I killed him. 4 trips back and forth in the heat of the day were about as much as this aging fat man can handle. Dehydration... heat stroke...cramps.... it was lots of Type 2 fun. But he is home on ice and tomorrow will become my favorite meat in the freezer.

Now hoping a big ol bull will be as accomodating......I am a glutton for punishment.
Very nice pronghorn antelope buck!
'Don't know when or where you took him, but I see you are from Billings.
Antelope archery season does not open until next Saturday, September 3rd in Montana! ???

The buck may have had the last laugh though as he had the good sense to die 1.2 miles from the truck...and I had to go back for my pack after I killed him. 4 trips back and forth in the heat of the day
Yeah, he made you pay for it🤣

5eef429efaa1d8e507bdee6f09093bb032f448c69c9f01b89cadc156f12f1823.jpg congrats on the antelope dang good one.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back