Found a couple of sheep.

mtmiller

Before you get too excited Moosie, I am talking about bighorns. Wait, if I remember correctly you are interested in them as well. ;)

I didn't get to River until pretty late and since I had to help support the town of Winifred and have a few beers, it was well after dark when I arrive to where I planned to camp. I was too lazy to throw out the tent, so I just slept on the ground by the pick-up. I figured if it started to roll my body would stop it.
P1000570.sized.jpg

Of course Axl was in tow to protect me. He is the one without the bloodshot eyes.
P1000581.sized.jpg

This is what I rolled over to in the morning (damn better than some other scenery I have been next to the morning after). Not bad at all.
P1000571.sized.jpg

Oh yeh, for the sheep. This is a shot of the rams at 320 yards. Apparently they had a rough night as well.
P1000617.sized.jpg

Unfortunately they were not in a good spot for a stalk. This is the scene after the first one winded me.
P1000620.sized.jpg

Helicopter surveys had been conducted over the last couple of days, so these guys weren't much for sticking around.
P1000622.sized.jpg

P1000625.sized.jpg

Well tomorrow I guess I had better head to the north and find some antelope before Schamlts gets here in two weeks. I wish that country was as beautiful as the "Breaks"

Thanks for checking out the pics, maybe next time I can find some bigger rams.

Better get your arse in gear. I want lope pics, did i say lope? yes lope pics. Nice sheep pics though, how you liking the Digi world so far?
You complained about my flat bill on my hunt talk hat? what about those jesus shoes you got on? Christ that cant be your truck in that picture i figured you drove a VW bus with flowers and smiley faces painted on it wearing chit like that.
Damn good looking dog though, he will make me sad thinkng about my old Buster.

MtMiller.. Just think, Because of HuntTalk.ers making you document everything you have probably more pictures then you would have. ;)

THANX for the Pictures !!!! not looking bad sheep. It looks like you jsut walked right up to them. Unfortunately my Sheep will be a little walk. :(

Cool Pictures of the Morning shot you woke up too... BY saying you've woken up to uglier things I guess you mean something that was on the TV you left on the night before ...

Truly awsome way to wake up and spend a morning. Thanks for the pictures. Looks like great glassin' country. What I wouldn't give to have that under my feet. Are there Mule Deer in that same country?

Gotta love those 'sheep boots'! I love pics from the Breaks. That's definitely on my short list of places to visit. I like the new truck, looks good, even if it was assembled by a bunch of Hoosiers! :D

mtmiller,

Great pics. Judging by where you parked you may want to drive around the breaks more sober next time. :D

Nemont

Back