MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum Bear Hunt ??

Sounds like it would be a ton of fun! Just shot my first bear this year. If y'all know any kids, we have children's book about wildlife and conservation, give them a look and let me know what you think. I'd appreciate the feedback. www.smileoutside.com

Sounds like a good time. What’s preferred spring or fall? Finally got my WY residency and started running 2 bait sites this past spring.

Seriously. I am hunting 35 this year for bear along with my 102/104 elk hunt (2 tags). If this works out for me next year I might be interested in an organized bear hunt specifically for bear.

Montana spring bear hunt? Sounds fun. Not sure an eastern Montana guy is worthy to hang with you western Montana guys

Seriously. I am hunting 35 this year for bear along with my 102/104 elk hunt (2 tags). If this works out for me next year I might be interested in an organized bear hunt specifically for bear.
Wow Doug, 35 is a big area! I’m hoping to head back to 8 next year in the spring. I’d be willing to help out if I can.

Wow Doug, 35 is a big area! I’m hoping to head back to 8 next year in the spring. I’d be willing to help out if I can.
Actually hunting more in area 11 than 35. But the bears we I spotted are in the northern part of 35 south of Kemmerer. There are a lot of them in 11 this year. The scouting I did for elk I don't think I went far without finding bear tracks and sign in any section I walked in. 35 is a big area but the bears are in only a small part of it that I know about. The bears in 35, I saw while fishing. First a boar, then a sow and two cubs. Area 11 was where they confirmed sighting of the grizzly in the Hams Fork Campground area this year too.

I was fortunate enough to get up there late May and shoot a really nice bear. It was such a blast

I should correct this. We are hunting primarily in area 11, 35 south of Kemmerer is alternate if 11 don't work out. 11 is where I saw bears and lot of sign while fishing. Only problem is the silver back grizzlies have been confirmed in that area but even then not that much of an issue.

Reactions: Guy
Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back