PEAX Equipment

Fort Peck "Rez" bison hunt

GKimPrice

has anyone done the Tribal Fort Peck bison hunt ? I'm looking at the website, actually I called the Tribal game dept head and talked with him for a few minutes - looking at the pictures of the country I get the feeling this may be a wild goose (er bison) chase - the cost seems too good and the relative ease of getting a tag puts me on my guard - anyone care to add any comments ?

It is a "hunt" much like you "hunt" a hereford or an angus. Great way to get some high quality meat but I would not worry too much about it being have a wild bison chase. More likely you will drive up walk over a hill and shoot what ever critter it is that you picked out.

Nemont

supposedly the "hunt" is on foot and the area is around 10,000 ac - I am thinking it is a fairly supervised event though .....

Normally Bison and Wild are two words that don't go together. Like Nemont said if you want some great meat and you look at it that way it will be great. But it will be very similar to hunting Black Angus in a field no doubt. I would love to have a freezer full of that meat I love it. Looked at the same hunt myself once.

thank you for your input guys ! I was looking at it as a meat hunt because we never know what the elk and deer seasons will pan out like - it seems reasonably enough priced so I think I'll give it a try - I will post afterwards ......

Sounds like fun. They can't be any more tame than the Yellowstone Bison are.

Curious to see how it turned out.

Back