Forest Service Burn Project Question

Cowger

In the unit I drew this year I found the FS did a early spring burn project of nearly 700 acres, split up in 4 areas. I assume this is a good thing for the next few years, but how does this effect my late season hunt this year?

A good thing, for sure. Depends on the state, location, elevation, and what season dates constitute "late season" for the hunt you have.

Thank you, I guess you might call it a post rut hunt in late October around 5000'

FWIW, spring burns generally promote forb growth more than burns later in the year. Forbs at that time of the year will be mostly played out, but one should still see an increase in grass production this growing season. That said, any sprouting browse (aspen, etc) should put up a bunch of suckers which might be a great new food source as well as the additional herbaceous stuff.

Be hopeful,but absolutely return the next successive fall seasons for as long as you can see animals and the benefits of burns, rx or wildfire. I hunt the wildfire burns of the Oregon cascades, some approaching 15 yrs old & am still taking great deer & elk in them all. Yes!! Beginning the very first yr!,!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmor19534
Back