For RockinU - Common Cartridge Choices

For those with experience with the 6.5's, why would I pick a creedmoor over the 6.5x.284 (my dad really likes his)?
Because you didn’t pick the 6.5SAUM! 😃
The 6.5 creed has better factory ammo and magazine restraints in the 6.5-284 really needs to be.built on a LA to run heavies.

I've hunted with quite a few different firearms, but honestly could do it all with my 30-06 Rem 700 CDL.

Heck, that rifle has already given me: wolf, pronghorn, mule deer, black bear, elk and grizzly. Ranges from real close to out past 300 yards. Mostly one-shot kills.

It's accurate. Easy to shoot well. Carries nice. And is obviously effective.

My other rifles are just for fun, the 30-06 is truly all I need.

Guy

I've hunted with quite a few different firearms, but honestly could do it all with my 30-06 Rem 700 CDL.

Heck, that rifle has already given me: wolf, pronghorn, mule deer, black bear, elk and grizzly. Ranges from real close to out past 300 yards. Mostly one-shot kills.

It's accurate. Easy to shoot well. Carries nice. And is obviously effective.

My other rifles are just for fun, the 30-06 is truly all I need.

Guy
Gun manufacturers everywhere hate what you posted. Murica needs sexy new 6.5's, Creedmore everything, and anything metric that might fool us into thinking it's something exotic and European.

I've always wondered what's wrong with a standard 264 Winchester Magnum...the 6.5 craze wears me out.

Lots of wheel reinvention and marketing...
If a guy could only hunt/shoot with cartridges with SAMMI approval prior to 1990 what would a guy actually be missing by way of functional performance? Nothing, I guess we would agree. But fun to play with new toys.

I got a 6.5CM. And it was absolutely all about the price. Caught it on Clearance. Fun low recoil rifle. If it was a PRC, SAUM, X284, or whatever had been the price I got mine for I'd be loading ammo for that. I will say I am incredibly impressed with the 6.5 craze and the amount of factory ammo options on the shelf now. I roll my own ammo so that wasn't even a consideration when I bought mine.

I bought my 6.5 CM because of the gun. I would have also purchased it if it was chambered in .260 Rem, 6.5 Swede, or 6.5 PRC.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back