Football General Talk

"The NFL has shown Thursday night games on Amazon’s Prime Video the past two seasons, but putting games on Peacock is a different animal in terms of availability. Peacock has 30 million subscribers; Prime Video has around 180 million.

That is precisely why NBC wants the NFL on Peacock. The network shelled out $110 million, as first reported by the Wall Street Journal, for this game (Chiefs/Dolphins) in addition to the around $1 billion it pays for its “Sunday Night Football” package. Customers will be able to pay $5.99 to sign up for Peacock, and NBC hopes they stick around."

"The NFL has shown Thursday night games on Amazon’s Prime Video the past two seasons, but putting games on Peacock is a different animal in terms of availability. Peacock has 30 million subscribers; Prime Video has around 180 million.

That is precisely why NBC wants the NFL on Peacock. The network shelled out $110 million, as first reported by the Wall Street Journal, for this game (Chiefs/Dolphins) in addition to the around $1 billion it pays for its “Sunday Night Football” package. Customers will be able to pay $5.99 to sign up for Peacock, and NBC hopes they stick around."
Adios when the season is over.

I'm not paying 6 bucks to watch it. mtmuley

$110 million for 1 game in the wild card playoffs. Jeezus. They will no doubt have some blatherskite doing the commentary.

I thought the Browns would have a better game. I kind feel for Flacco, not the way you'd like to have it end.

Regarding Peacock and paying to watch the game. I'll do it when 4ell freezes over. It does tell you what they think of their viewership. We are nothing but a cash cow to them. I would wager that even after shelling out money to watch it, the ads will still intrude on the game.

Back