Football General Talk

I hope the games are better today. Yesterday’s games weren’t very competitive.

I don’t really know what to expect from the Cowboys and Niners. I think the Bengals and Bills will be another classic that comes down to the last possession.

That KC game yesterday underdelivered, in as much as it “seemed” like it was a good close (less than a score) game but just didn’t have much juice for the viewer…sans the insurance salesman’s injury.

Second game was just background noise to my Patterson novel, hopefully today’s a better bet. At least I’ve got a Cowboys fan coming over for beers and the wife follows the Niners so they’ll be amusing to watch

Time will tell......

Every week it's a nit pick on the Purdy parade. He's never done this and never done that blah blah blah.

Well last time I've checked I don't believe any of the other 3 NFC QBs have been to this stage either.

Will be some good games today.
Hope so on game entertainment.
Last nights game was a total sleeper.

I worked all day yesterday then the wife and I went out to eat so i didn’t watch any football. Both games seemed lopsided looking at the box scores. The Mahomey injury could be big, even if he can play.

Today, I’ll have to go for the 49ers. Kittles went to Iowa and Purdy went to Iowa state.

And in the other game I’ll go for the Bills. They just seem to be a hard nosed, nothing fancy, go about your business football team.

Looks like Mahomes suffered a high ankle sprain but will be back next week. Chiefs are the team I love to hate but I do hope he's back at 100% for the conference chip

Hate em or love em...

Nobody can seriously dispute that the Cowboys are the biggest draw in football. Dallas played in five of the six most-watched games during the regular season and attracted a Sunday-sized audience to the Monday night Wild Card game. Facing one of their traditional rivals in the same early evening timeslot occupied by the Super Bowl, the Cowboys figure to attract their largest audience yet this season – surpassing the 42 million who watched them defeat the Giants on Thanksgiving Day. The only real question is how high the numbers will go. The all-time record for a Divisional Round game is 48.52 million viewers for the Cowboys’ 2017 loss to the Packers. Even in the out-of-home era, that will be a tough number to reach. Then again, just one year ago these same two teams combined to deliver 41 million in the Wild Card round.

Hate em or love em...

Nobody can seriously dispute that the Cowboys are the biggest draw in football. Dallas played in five of the six most-watched games during the regular season and attracted a Sunday-sized audience to the Monday night Wild Card game. Facing one of their traditional rivals in the same early evening timeslot occupied by the Super Bowl, the Cowboys figure to attract their largest audience yet this season – surpassing the 42 million who watched them defeat the Giants on Thanksgiving Day. The only real question is how high the numbers will go. The all-time record for a Divisional Round game is 48.52 million viewers for the Cowboys’ 2017 loss to the Packers. Even in the out-of-home era, that will be a tough number to reach. Then again, just one year ago these same two teams combined to deliver 41 million in the Wild Card round.

I think that is also why the talking heads consider Dak such a great quarterback, and the Cowboys D so wonderful. Harkening back to a different age. We are likely to see a real dose of mortality later this afternoon. SF has done what the Pats did for years - surrounded the QB position with almost bulletproof support on both sides of the ball, so the QB is a manager and doesn't have to be a superstar.

David
NM

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back