Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Flying...

Sytes

I'd place this in the jokes section however this is really... not a joke though a joke in an oxymoronic way.

Sitting on a Delta flight waiting for taxi to runway and realized a connecting flight seating is not set for my fandango "Comfort +" (tall-er boy).

Call my Delta Skymiles support to correct...

"Your wait time is currently 9 hours..."

Life. Haha!

Took my first flight in 15 months last week. 2019 I did 175,000 flight miles. Airport was busy, plane was completely full. Some things never change…

I was glad to still have Diamond status on DL, though, despite not flying at all for over a year! They’ve taken good care of me over the years.

Took my first flight in 15 months last week. 2019 I did 175,000 flight miles. Airport was busy, plane was completely full. Some things never change…

I was glad to still have Diamond status on DL, though, despite not flying at all for over a year! They’ve taken good care of me over the years.
I've been flying since mid-November (had a client in Ohio that only would do in-person but required testing on arrival each week, etc - I wouldn't have had our team there otherwise. But, thusly, was brain-stabbed 16 times) and it's been more or less back to 'normal' as you describe since about March. The only real difference is that schedules and in-airport dining/retail outlets haven't quite caught back up to the increased demand yet. I did lose United Global Services in 2019 so remain a mere 1K now, but I requalified through 2/2023 back in like April with the reduced requirements now. Selfishly - it will be nice if the frequent flyer ranks lose some membership :)

Just landed in PHX an hour ago (to tell a client here that I'm leaving the firm) and the plane was packed, the rental car bus was packed, hotel rates are going back up to normal.

My 2020 fully paid fishing trip to Costa Rica got canceled by Avianca airlines due to covid. They gave me a voucher to use before Dec 31 of this year. All their flights are booked up so I can’t use the vouchers. They got me good. A royal screwing. 100% profit for them.

Wow that's a lot of flying. If you don't mind me asking, what do you do that has you flying that much?

On my layover currently, first flight since covid started. Kinda interesting how required mask at all times yet planes and lines are completely full.

in the other news have a 4 hour layover so my wife (army) convinces me to check out the USO. Man have i been missing out, sitting here in a lazy boy on my laptop with snacks. Guess this is how the rich people live.... Very much appreciated.

I made out like a bandit with Alaska airlines and covid. I had to cancel rt flights to Kauai for 6 persons. They gave me credit to use within 10 months, after that it expires. Then 2 weeks later they offered me to exchange the $value to miles at a rate of 100 miles for every $1 and no expiration date.
So now I'm set for about 10 + RT to Alaska

Wow that's a lot of flying. If you don't mind me asking, what do you do that has you flying that much?
I run a product division for a global software company. I’ve got employees and customers spread all over the world, and have always felt the need to be close to the front lines to most effectively do the job. I’ve been a road warrior for going on 30 years now. Last year was a big change for me!

My 2020 fully paid fishing trip to Costa Rica got canceled by Avianca airlines due to covid. They gave me a voucher to use before Dec 31 of this year. All their flights are booked up so I can’t use the vouchers. They got me good. A royal screwing. 100% profit for them.
Man this sounds like it would be worth a phone call to try and get something back. That's a raw deal.

On my layover currently, first flight since covid started. Kinda interesting how required mask at all times yet planes and lines are completely full.

in the other news have a 4 hour layover so my wife (army) convinces me to check out the USO. Man have i been missing out, sitting here in a lazy boy on my laptop with snacks. Guess this is how the rich people live.... Very much appreciated.
I first used the USO on my trip to and from BCT at Fort Leonard Wood in 1995.....ever since I have loved having this "safe haven". Some are bigger/more elaborate than others, but all are safe places where you can relax.

How far out do most of you book to get the best price? I’ve been watching flights To Colorado for a few months now and prices aren’t dropping much. Afraid to wait to much longer and they keep going up. 79 days out right now. Sorry if I’m hyjacking your thread @Sytes. If so I’ll start a new one.

Part II... GPIA ---> SLC --> PDX... PORTLAND. Wtf? 20 min from concourse D to C. But, there's a catch... construction. Yep. Guess #2 detour through? Yep, outside secure area... back through TSA...

Powers that be expedited my screening and run for C8 but wait there's more! Moved to C14. Run, forest run!
C14 gate sealed. As I'm running, guy says my name... never thought you'd make it. Called over radio and tunnel reopened.

Still have another leg after this... days like this make me appreciate smooth flights and proper timing.

Being an AvGeek - I looked @ the schedule. Lots of availability to SJO - what dates are you looking at?

Part II... GPIA ---> SLC --> PDX... PORTLAND. Wtf? 20 min from concourse D to C. But, there's a catch... construction. Yep. Guess #2 detour through? Yep, outside secure area... back through TSA...

Powers that be expedited my screening and run for C8 but wait there's more! Moved to C14. Run, forest run!
C14 gate sealed. As I'm running, guy says my name... never thought you'd make it. Called over radio and tunnel reopened.

Still have another leg after this... days like this make me appreciate smooth flights and proper timing.
1624395568271.gif

On my final leg.

Amazing, my flight back? One stop back to Seattle and back to GPIA.

14 hr travel today, 8 hr meeting tomorrow, and return the next day.

Apparently we need to smell each other. Microsoft Meets with our video conference is not reasonable. And here I thought Covid has silver lining. Heh!

All good. paychecks count.

I would not want to be in your traveling shoes @Wildabeast

Being an AvGeek - I looked @ the schedule. Lots of availability to SJO - what dates are you looking at?
Late December but my original flight was $355 for my wife and I. So about $700 total. All the good flights are full. You can get the all nighters with extra stops but those tickets are around $1600 each. They raised their rates. I figure best to just eat the $700.

How far out do most of you book to get the best price? I’ve been watching flights To Colorado for a few months now and prices aren’t dropping much. Afraid to wait to much longer and they keep going up. 79 days out right now. Sorry if I’m hyjacking your thread @Sytes. If so I’ll start a new one.
Maybe there's some airline guru that can explain...

I was looking to fly to Colorado from Flathead Valley, Montana and it was somewhere around $900, round trip.
However the exact same flight that stops in Colorado to jump on a different flight to go all the way down to cabo San Lucas and back cost only $430 round trip.

Huh?

I'd place this in the jokes section however this is really... not a joke though a joke in an oxymoronic way.

Sitting on a Delta flight waiting for taxi to runway and realized a connecting flight seating is not set for my fandango "Comfort +" (tall-er boy).

Call my Delta Skymiles support to correct...

"Your wait time is currently 9 hours..."

Life. Haha!
I’ve had decent results with Deltas texting option vs waiting on hold or waiting for the call back. Used that option in Feb, March, and May and the longest I waited for the initial response was probably 30 min. The wait times for that option might be much longer now...don’t know? Once they are texting with you it seems to go pretty fast. Might be worth a shot.

Back