Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Flordia

Bill M

Blackwater RiverState Forest has anyone hunted this area? Plan on trying it this spring any tips on snakes,large amount of hunters,or anything that comes to mind would be appreciated.Thanks Bill

Bill, most turkey hunters comming to florida want to hunt the osceola ! the osceola doesnt exist. in blackwater ! the panhandle of the state has easterns like what you would hunt at home! the osceola can only be found in central to south central florida.I f you were to draw an imaginary line from east to west from between jacksonville and gainesville on the north end to just above the everglades on the south end! this corridor is the only place to find and hunt the osceola turkey, hope this helps!

as far as snakes and well yes we have them and alot of them, i prefer bump hunting swamps for turkey and we occasionally run into them but i wouldnt worry to much most areas that hold turkey will also hold hogs and they tend to keep the populations of snakes in check pretty good! Im assuming your wanting to do a spring hunt??? weather is nice and not to buggy yet so it usually is an enjoyable time to hunt fla.! but keep in mind anything can happen in the south for example today is dec. 17 the high temp for today will be 83 degrees! go figure! anyway good luck! if i can help any further lemme know!

Thanks you guys for the information.Yes I wanted to hunt eastern turkey.The grand slam dosen't mean a whole lot to me.Now if you were talking sheep thats a whole new ball game.I just can not get enough spring gobblers,gobbling.Thanks again.Bill

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back